Close to Death

John B, JJ and I all hop back in the van, and John B takes off quick.

"Okay so, those dudes tried to kill you all yesterday, and tried to beat that poor woman to death, what the hell is going on? and why the fuck didn't one of you pick up the phone and call me?" I say, concerned.

"I think they're looking for the merchant, and they knew about dads compass apparently, other than that I have no damn clue. There's nothing you could've done, we were all on the boat and it happened so quick. We're fine, that's all that matters." John B says.

"I don't think any of you know how to use properly use a gun, you all need to protect yourselves, I could've helped you after you got back. I literally was in shooting sports in Colorado since I was 10 years old."

"That's redneck as shit, but badass. Your sisters a sniper dude, she might be the only one to help us against these guys." JJ says.

"We're not shooting anyone, JJ."

"Unless they shoot at you first John B." I say, "Those guys know what direction you were going, they know Scooter, they have to know dad somehow, and they saw the boat. They're going to come for us next."

"They don't know where the house is." John B says.

"They apparently knew where Lana was John B, i'm not going to sit here and let you all get the shit beaten out of you, we gotta defend ourselves. JJ has that gun right?"

"Yeah it's at the house." JJ responds.

"Okay, and I have my knife in my bag at home. These guys aren't getting off easy. They fuck with us, we hit them harder."

"I don't like this." John B says, turning up the radio.

"She's right bro, I'm not dying, and no one else is either." JJ says, putting his arm out the window.

"And we were right outside like this. And all we hear is just, "Bam! Bam! Bam!" Knocking paint off the wall, G! From the inside.All right? And I'm just looking at him, like... Wait, first off, look at this shit." JJ says, trying to explain what happened at Ms. Lana's to Pope and Kie, "Look at it. The house."

"That's dandruff, disgusting." Kie says.

"Okay, thank you." Pope snaps.

"Look at all that. All right? That's paint. At that point, I was just, like... I'm waiting for death." JJ says.

"Oh, okay, so you saw the guys that shot at us, right?" Kie asks.

"Yeah." JJ replies

"Did you get a good description of them? What did they look like? Anything."

"Anything we can bring to a police report?" Pope questions

"Yeah. Burly." JJ responds.

"Alanna please tell me you got something, you were the only responsible person there." Pope looks to me.

"Yeah, what did they look like?" Kie asks.

"I tried to walk in to help Ms. Lana, and JJ stopped me and held me back, I couldn't see anything, I tried but John B and JJ wouldn't let me." I say.

"Oh, so you're mad I didnt let you get beaten, or shot? I'll take note of that for next time. I wasn't about to let you run into those guys. I wouldn't be able to live with myself, I'm sure John B agrees." JJ says in a moody tone.

"They've never seen me before, and I can handle myself JJ, I wasn't just going to be an idiot and run inside." I say.

"Bullshit, if I didn't grab you, you would've marched right in that door. I don't think you could've handled yourself against those guys, they would've snapped you in half."