It's All About Adam

"...So then I just sheathed Wilt, and the Arma Gigas fell in half, transforming into rose petals," Adam finished telling his story to Teams RWBY and _NPR, as well as Coco, Velvet, and Sun.

"Interesting," Coco commented, a hand on her chin. "I never would've thought the White Fang would have initiation tests into the higher castes."

"What would you have to do to become High Leader?" Sun asked. Adam shrugged.

"I don't know, I've never really been interested in reaching that position," the bull Faunus admitted. "All Sienna Khan does is lounge around in her courtroom, listening to the petty squabbles between the commanders of our various cells across Remnant." He gestured towards Wilt and Blush, which lay propped up against the wall near the soda machine. "Me? I've always felt like my calling was out in the field."

"So do you guys just burn down Dust Shops and kill SDC employees, or is there more to your organization?" Weiss asked, wincing immediately afterwards at how harsh that had sounded. Adam regarded her for a moment, then smirked.

"Actually, there is. Few people know about this, but the White Fang is responsible for the low percentage of Grimm attacks on settlements outside the major cities or Kingdom Capitals. After all, we really don't care about wealth or status. We just want to bring about true equality for the Faunus." Then, he paused, and tapped a finger to his mask, which concealed his horrid brand. "Of course, some of us have more... personal reasons for our dislike of the Schnee family." Weiss looked down guiltily.

"You know, before I watched Season 1 of Abe's show through its entirety, I would've sworn you were a vile monster," Nora blurted out, cowering away as Adam turned to look at her.

"Nora!" Ren hissed.

"But!" Nora said, holding up a finger, trembling slightly. "Now, having seen a bit more of your other characteristics, both onscreen and in person, I've gotta say, you're actually a pretty cool guy!" The bull Faunus tilted his head, and she swore his cheeks had a pinkish tinge to them. Apparently, she wasn't the only one.

"Oh, ho!" Yang laughed. "Is someone feeling bashful?"

"Tch." Adam scoffed. "Whatever. You think your words can rile me up? Think again. I've been ridiculed far worse than you could ever compare to." The bull Faunus turned and strode away, moving for the bathrooms. Ruby watched him leave worriedly.

"We didn't hurt his feelings, did he?" she asked Blake nervously. The cat Faunus shook her head, smiling.

"No. On the contrary, Adam is a glutton for praise, though he'd never admit it. He's probably going in there to kick himself for showing that side of himself. Her bow twitched as her second set of ears picked up his voice echoing from the bathroom.

"Stupid!" Blake heard Adam berate himself. Her smile was now a grin.

"Just as I thought."

.........................

As Cinder made her way over to the snack bar, Ozpin pulled Qrow aside, to a corner where he and Ms. Goodwitch were waiting.

"So, what did she tell you?" the Headmaster asked the Huntsman.

"Everything," Qrow grunted. "A plan to destroy Beacon, a plan to flood Vale with Grimm, even an idea to rig the Vytal Festival."

"Gods," Ms. Goodwitch whispered, taking off her glasses. "It would appear Salem has been more active than we realized." Then she thought of something. "But why did Ms. Fall even come clean to begin with? I'd imagine betraying the Queen of Grimm would result in a... less than favorable departure from this world."