M-06: Back in Action

"I wonder what will happen now that the White Fang and Atlas military are working together," Ruby wondered, a hand upon their chin.

"One thing's for certain, the Titans are in for a world of hurt," Yang grinned. "Adam's probably one of the best swordsmen in this show."

"Let's just hope he doesn't run into that bear Faunus," Weiss grimaced, as the lights dimmed. "Don't forget that Adam was soundly defeated by him last time."

The episode opened with a black screen, as digital letters appeared out of the darkness, one after another, just like in the first episode.

3 WEEKS LATER...

The darkness faded to show a Bullhead flying over the waters of Lake Matsu. The camera panned to show the cockpit of the flying machine, where Adam Taurus was seated. The bull Faunus's attire had gone through some renovations. His black blazer was now a leather tunic-jacket, with a zipper covering his left breast pocket. Two more zippers adorned his shoulders. Black gloves covered his hands. A pair of crisscrossing belts looped around his pants, one holding Wilt and Blush at his hip, and the other an ornamental drape bearing the rose and thorns insignia associated with him. The biggest change, however, was his face. Instead of wearing a White Fang mask or allowing his brand to show, he concealed his eyes behind a black cloth, like a blindfold.

Coco whistled, eyeing the bull Faunus hungrily.

"I'm digging the new outfit," she admitted. "Adam totally rocks the military look."

"But should he really be flying a Bullhead with that cloth wrapped around his face?" Velvet asked nervously.

"No need for alarm," Penny smiled reassuringly. "The fabric he uses to conceal his face appears to be made of georgette, which is translucent in design. It would mainly function to shield his eyes from bright lights."

"That, and that Bullhead is on autopilot," Winter pointed out.

"How are you liking that new suit, Adam?" Sienna's voice crackled from the Bullhead's radio.

"Well, it fits comfortably enough," the bull Faunus admitted. "Still not sure how I feel about it dulling my body's pain receptors, though."

"Wait, so that suit will keep him from feeling pain?" Nora asked. "Why would that be a bad thing?"

"We feel pain for a reason, Nora," Ren pointed out.

"True, but I can understand why the military would design pain inhibitors," Ironwood admitted. "It's easier to stay calm and fearless when you don't feel the stab in your chest or the bullet in your ribs."

"We figured it would make you a little bolder in battle," Sienna admitted. "Relax! It's not like it's hooked up into your spinal column, right?" When Adam didn't respond, the tiger Faunus laughed nervously. "Uh... so, how's the view up there?" she asked, attempting to change the subject. "It must be nice, to fly like a bird!"

"More like a bird strapped to a remote-controlled rocket, but whatever," the bull Faunus mumbled.

"You'll get there in one piece, Adam. Just relax and enjoy the scenery," Sienna purred.

"Right," Adam mumbled.

"Adam, can you hear me?" a new voice asked.

"Father!" Penny smiled.