I'll protect you

Sam~
I miss my parents, my sister, my brother... they were all taken by the royal family in kansas. Because they were seen in the market buying us food, they had the money for the food but a family of slaves aren't allowed to buy food for themselves unless they have permission from their master, I was doing an errand for my master when this happened, I just hope their alright. I was sold off by my old master, so now I live here, LA, no family, no money, just me, a slave.

Colby~
My family bought a slave from Kansas, Our old Home, I miss it sometimes, and the slave is the same age as me, he was told that if he looks at me he gets hit, if he steals from me they beat him up, I dont want that to happen, but I cant do anything about it, i dont want him to go through that, hes not a machine, a animal, or whatever my Father calls him, he is the same as me...Human.
Part of me says he deserves it and part of me says No one deserves that, and that one is so much stronger than the other.
The boy is in the living room, he is skinny, his body is so tiny how will he be able to put up with what my Father will do to him? His blonde hair is so messily perfect, his lips look so soft, I am cut off of all thoughts when my mother sees me "you like him?" I look at her terrified "you wont tell father will you?" I say terrified more "and how do you now I like boys?" She smiles "I always now... mothers intuition" I smile "he is cute" she chuckles "Your father wont like it" I sigh, I walk in the room with my mother "ah Cole meet your servant for the next week and longer" I smile "Colby" i put my hand out to shake his hand, my father hits It away "You do not touch this filthy animal, and you do not speak to him unless it is to give an order you hear me?!" I nod, I massage my hand because he hit badly "Hon how about you head to the boat whilst I talk to cole" she smiles "Goodbye mother have a safe Cruise" she is the best mother in the world, but sometimes I question it, she knows what my father does so I remember what he tells me, the blonde boy brings out her suitcases "You listen to me young man, and you listen clearly!" I nod in fear "You do not touch the filthy animal unless it is to punish and you do not speak to it unless it is an order!" I nod "SPEAK!" He says with his big booming voice "y yes father" the blonde boy is back and he is watching through the door, I'm glad my fathers back is to the door, I was going to walk out the door "where are you going!" I am pulled back so hard I have to catch my breath when I feel the hard wooden floor beneath me giving me scars on my arms "YOU FILTHY ANIMAL COME CLEAN MY BOY UP!" My fathers booming voice is scary, the blonde boy comes in with a towel and a medic kit "G goodbye Father, Have fun on the Cruise" he scuffs and leaves me with the blonde boy "How do you put up with this all the time?" I ask the blonde boy "Arent you not supposed to speak to me unless its an order?" He was there for awhile listening then "were you there the whole time?" He nods grabbing the gauze and putting it on my arm "You dont need to do this" I say grabbing his hand stopping him, doing it myself till he stops me "But I'm supposed to" he says grabbing my arm back "I'm not like everyone else... I don't like that I have to do this... How do you deal with it all the time?" He closes the medic kit pulling me up to stand "I Draw" I stand there confused, he walks out the door "Wait" I grab his shoulders, he protects himself like I'm going to hit him for something "Hey I'm not going to hurt you" he relaxes "Can I see your drawings?" He looks hesitant "please"still looks hesitant "please, I wont tell on you, I can buy you paper and pencils" I know he wont be able to afford those himself "F fine" he brings me towards the back of the house, and towards the forest, I look at the woods, and its dark "t the woods?" He stops "your afraid of the woods?" Not the woods, the darkness of the woods "n not the woods... the darkness of the woods... I'm afraid of the dark" he looks shocked almost "your afraid of the dark?" I still sleep with a candle or the oil lamp "I still sleep with a candle or the weak lights back at home" he looks confused "your fine I'll be with you, and there's nothing in there I'm here everyday... it's my happy place" I look back at the woods, breath in and out "ok" he brings me to this place with a built roof of tree branches that have leaves on them and a moss bed "this is where you live?" He nods "what happened to your family?" He cant be alone "t they were taken by the royal family in kansas... and I was sold off to you guys" i see tears, but he turns away so I dont see them, my family did that? My other half of the family I mean, my aunt and uncle, I walk up to him, I turn him around and hug him, whispering in his ear "your ok, I wont hurt you, I didnt even want a slave to work with me anyways...But my parents think it's not right for a prince not to have one" he pulls away "Your a prince!" I look at him startled by the sudden out burst "what do you want?!" I dont want anything that's the problem but people want to give me things "I dont want anything... I want you to trust me though.. I'm not gonna hurt you, betray you or do anything to upset you" he nods and hugs me again "Can I see your drawings now?" He laughed "sure this way" he brought me to a mining tunnel, it had a table that can be pulled out, but it was very ruined, and he had a pencil that was almost done, and papers Full of pretty drawings, some of the townspeople going along their day, some of the sheep in the fields eating, and some of the Old trees surrounding is,but he was running out "yeah I'm definitely buying you more supplies" I say, he smiles at me. I think I'm falling for the blonde boy with the drawings.