Five (✔︎ℰ𝒹𝒾𝓉ℯ𝒹)

Song

Bide your time~ the Courteeners

'Come and sing your heart out with...me'

*

Halfway into the 3 hour drive to the beach and 2 or 3 unattractive naps later I woke up to "bide your time" playing.

"shut up this is my favourite song! I swear no one knows it"

He laughed which rumbled deep in the back of his throat, not looking away from the road i front of us once. "Morning sleeping beauty"

I turned the song up and sang the lyrics by heart, with the windows rolled all the way down the hot British summer air whipped through my hair making me feel alive. Abe joined into the singing and I felt the most free I had ever felt and i never wanted it to end.

For once in my life I truly knew in this moment what it felt to be happy.

We stopped singing after the next few songs after getting tired. Every red light that we stopped at his eyes turned to me, when he drove he didn't take his eyes from the road once.

Happening faster than I could process Abe's hand came from his grip on the steering wheel to rest on my thigh. Butterflies made their way to my stomach and my heartbeat sped up to the point I thought it was going to walk itself out of my chest.

...

"we're here!" Abe said pulling into the drive of the beach house and parking his car outside. I jumped out of the car with excitement running through my vanes making me feel alive.

The warm beach air filled my lungs, the sun already heating my skin.

Abe got out of his car and followed after me, beating me to the boot before I could get out my own suitcase.

The house was beautiful, with wooden stairs leading to up to the house on a slight sand hill bank, which were lightly dusted with sand from the private beach just a few meters in front of the house.

We walked up the flight of stairs which creaked under our weight. Halfway up Abe caught my hand in his free one while the other carried my suitcase and his duffel bag with ease.

We reached the top of the stairs, the beach house now in full view. The wooden wrap around porch had been painted white with blue doors and windows. There were decorative shutters over the windows with a small heart cut out of the middle.

"it's so pretty" I said to Abe in awe looking at the house. He didn't let go of my hand, instead he held it tighter and gently stroked his thumb across my hand like it was going to disappear.

"I'm looking at something much more prettier" He smirked as he looked into my eyes.

I rolled my eyes at me and laughed before my heart jumped out of my chest. "Jesus christ Abe put me down!" I squealed as he picked me up bridal after throwing out bags to the ground.

it's not the first time he carried me like this, however i couldn't help but notice all the differences. The difference in the mood, our laughter, how it felt. Everything.

He carried me into the house with the hugest smiles on both of our faces. The open plan inside was simply decorated with shades of blues, greys and whites with small accents of gold.