CHAPTER 1

SEOKWOO'S POV
I'm currently sleeping, when suddenly I hear someone entering my room really aggressively.

-Dad: Aren't you going to wake up?!
-Seokwoo: Dad, today I don't need to attend the academy...
-Dad: You are already graduated (sighs) What are you talking about?
-Seokwoo: You are right (chuckles) sorry, I'm still sleepy... I can't belive that I became a military head for the carnivorous territory.
-Dad: Yeah, it's something to be proud of... But move your ass and attend the ceremony where they'll officially name you! Your brothers are probably there! Do you want them to fire you before you even start?!
-Seokwoo: What time is it?
-Dad: 8:30 am... (sighs)
-Seokwoo: What?! I had to be there at 9:00 am! How am I going to arrive on time, now?! Why didn't you wake me, before?

 (sighs)-Seokwoo: What?! I had to be there at 9:00 am! How am I going to arrive on time, now?! Why didn't you wake me, before?

-Dad: Aigo, are you going to waste your time by arguing with me? Hurry up!
-Seokwoo: Yeah! (jumps out of bed and bows)

I don't know how did I get such an important position in this society. Probably because of my family name, the Hye clan is famous for being the best when it comes to military related issues.

So dad sent the three of us to the academy, it was really hard for me. I was not really interested but I didn't want to disappoint anyone neither.

Anyway, I need to hurry and arrive on time to the ceremony. Today, the three of us will be named as the respectives military heads. Its really important because dad along his brothers, did it before us. So it's a tradition that we always have followed.

-Seokwoo: I'm leaving!
-Mom: What about breakfast?
-Seokwoo: I don't have the time! (chuckles) Today is the day!
-Mom: (smiles) Fighting!
-Seokwoo: Thank you (smiles and leaves)

Sometimes I wonder why I am not half as good as my older brothers. They are always the reason behind my dad's smile. They always get to make him proud, so that's why I tried to follow their steps. I wonder if that's what I should had done.

-Time skip some minutes later-

-Namkyu: Where were you? You are late.
-Seokwoo: I'm sorry, dad didn't wake me up and-
-Namkyu: I didn't ask for excuses, you know how important is for us this ceremony.
-Seokwoo: I know, I'm really sorry (bows)
-Junkyu: (pats your head) Don't worry, I'm sure that you were nervous and that you couldn't sleep... (chuckles) We could had woke you up as well, so it's our fault too (smiles)
-Seokwoo: Hyung... (smiles)

This really shows the difference between them, Nam hyung is older than me, but he's always serious and moody. In another hand, Junkyu hyung is the older among us, and he's also the most kind and understanding.

-Junkyu: (sighs) You'll go first, good luck inside... (smiles)
-Namkyu: You are becoming the price's guard, I feel proud of being your younger brother (bows at Junkyu)
-Seokwoo: Ah, me too! (bows)
-Junkyu: Don't be that formal, we are a family! (chuckles and hugs you both) I wish the best for you all... I can't belive that my little brothers are leaving far away...
-Namkyu: We'll live a nice life despite being far away, so don't worry and just focus on doing a good job to make us all proud (smiles and bows again)

And then we watch how Namkyu enters one of the three rooms in Palace. I look at Junkyu who smiles at me and enters the throne room, the one in the middle.

I guess that it's my turn to enter the remaining one. But somehow, I'm afraid of all of this. Once I enter that room and they name me the carnivorous' military head, I'll leave my home and start a new life so far away. Will I be able to handle everything by myself?

I try to calm myself and then I enter the room where one of the King's advisors is waiting for me along my new title and responsibility

-Advisor: Hye Seokwoo, the younger son of the clan Hye (smiles) Welcome to the ceremony where you'll be named as the 37th military head of the carnivorous territory.
-Seokwoo: Thank you (smiles and bows)
-Advisor: Becoming a military head includes a lot of responsibilities and the need of self control under any kind of circumstance. Will you accept your duty and swear loyalty to the kingdom?
-Seokwoo: (gets on your knee) I swear I'll accomplish with my duty, and that I'll stay loyal to the kingdom.
-Advisor: (nods) With that said and with the power given by the king, I name you military head of the carnivorous territory. (bows and gives you a paper) We expect a lot from you, Seokwoo-ssi.
-Seokwoo: Thank you (bows) I'll do my best so I don't disappoint the name of my family, and I'm as useful as possible to the king and the kingdom.

Once the formalities are done, a lot of people dressed the same, guide me to the outside where two carriages are waiting. I look to my right and spot my brother surrounded by plenty of people too. They are dressed with a different colour though.

He looks at me and nods his head as a signal that I understand as "goodbye". He gets inside the carriage and disappears from my sight. Who knows when will I see him again?

-Someone: Sir, you have to get inside and leave. Everyone is waiting for you in your new house... (smiles and bows)
-Seokwoo: Yeah, I'm sorry for keep everyone waiting. Let's go.

I'm taking my uncle's place now, I don't know if I'll do as good as he did, but I'll accomplish their expectations for sure. I have no option anyway, I've been raised with this purpose. My responsibility is to look after the citizens in the name of the king. And that's what I'll do, I'll protect and make everyone respect the law.

I look through the window what it was my hometown, it's not the first time that I leave. With the academy I had to travel a lot, but now it feels different. I'm starting to live on my own.