CHAPTER 25

SEOKWOO'S POV
-Time skip some weeks later-

-Momo: What was the plan one more time?
-Seokwoo: We'll attack directly, I'll be leading the carnivores soldiers, Junkyu the omnivores and Namkyu of te herbivores. And at the same time, Jin will be leading everything... (smiles) The victory is ours, there's just the Palace soldiers to protect the King...
-Momo: Still, its a dangerous mission... I don't want you to leave.
-Seokwoo: I don't neither, but we have no option (gets on a horse) This is my duty since I was born... (smiles) Don't worry, I'll be back safely.

Then I start galloping heading towards the military building, where the carnivorous army is waiting for me

Then I start galloping heading towards the military building, where the carnivorous army is waiting for me. Jihoon has also joined us... So I'm happy that I'll share the battlefield with someone trust worthy.

-Jihoon: Sir, we are ready to leave, whenever you ask us for (smiles)
-Seokwoo: (nods) Remember, today we are not fighting for the Prince or any kind of political figure. Today we are fighting for us, and for those who can't protect themselves from the corrupt society! Today we are not paws, today we are heroes!

I have always wanted to do a speech but maybe this was too much... Everyone starts cheering and then I start galloping towards the exit of the city. Here we go...

It takes us two days until we arrive to the capital where Namkyu and Junkyu hyung are with their own army too. This has been called "The butterfly rebellion" in honor of my brother who started all of this.

Just how we planned, we attack directly the Palace. Its a fierce battle where lot of people is dying... However, every pierce we do, its a step closer to our freedom.

I focused on fighting on my own ignoring what's actually happening around me. However, soon I spot my brother holding the king and Jin aiming at them. He's not going to pierce them, right? He would never kill my brother...

-Jin: (crying pierces the king and Junkyu)
-Seokwoo: Jin no! (screaming)

Once that happens, everyone remains in slince and looking at Jin. I can't believe it, we won, but it doesn't taste like victory at all... Junkyu is dead, he died.

-Seokwoo: Hyung...

The rest of the Palace soldiers stop fighting and decide to surround

The rest of the Palace soldiers stop fighting and decide to surround. But, what are we going to do now? Junkyu is the one who was supposed to lead us into a bright new future... What are we going to tell Sana? And he's coming son? What will we tell him?

This can't be real, it can't be happening... Junkyu can't be dead. I start running towards his body laying with Jin next to him. But suddenly, someone grabs my wrist and stops me.

-Namkyu: No... He's gone, Seokwoo-yah (tearing hugs you)
-Seokwoo: I can't accept this! He has left us all here after we achieved what he most wished... Its too unfair...
-Namkyu: Life is hard, little brother... We must keep on going and work hard to maintain Junkyu's dream.

He's right, we have to keep on going in order to improve our society. The next generation won't know about the social status except for what they'll read in their history books.

After the war ended, I return back to the carnivorous territory where Momo and the girls are waiting for news from us. How will we tell them about the terrible news?

-Time skip two years later-

-Momo: Seokwoo! (excited runs towards you)
-Seokwoo: (gets down the horse and hugs her) Momo... Momo... (stats crying)
-Momo: What happens? You are worrying me...

-Seokwoo: We won, but

-Seokwoo: We won, but... (sighs) We lost Junkyu.
-Momo: What?! (starts tearing too) What will happen with Sana, now? She's carrying his kid in her tummy... And, and... What about you and Namkyu? I'm so sorry (hugs you tight)

Soon, some guards arrive and take Sana to the capital, I haven't been able to tell her about my brother. Its better if its Jin the one telling her... They are siblings, and he's the responsible after all.

-Momo: Are you okay? (pats your back)
-Seokwoo: Not really... I think that it wouldn't have hurted me that much if we lost the war instead of my brother (sighs) But we can't go back on time, we have to keep on going and create a world for our future nephew (smiles weakly) It's what he would have liked.
-Momo: (smiles and nods) We'll do it, don't have a doubt about it...

After the war, Jin became the next king with Namjoon as his official lover next to him. Namkyu and Mina returned to the herbivorous territory to enjoy their now couple life.

Meanwhile, Sana was convinced that she still had to enjoy what Junkyu left her, peace and freedom for their kid. So she started an adventure around the world along her son.

And about Momo and I, we did just how we talked before. After the war, I proposed to her and we got married. Later on, we decided that it was time already for us to start forming a family.

-Momo: It just rests three months until she's born... I can't wait (caressing her tummy)
-Seokwoo: What are you doing here?! You should be back at home resting... (surprised)

-Momo: I was bored when mom and dad returned back home

-Momo: I was bored when mom and dad returned back home... So I decided that it would be a great idea to visit my hubby~ (smiles)
-Seokwoo: You are so cute, but you worry me. You should really stay resting...
-Momo: Aww c'mon, I'm preggy but I'm still find, okay? (smiles) You don't need to worry. Instead, how about us having lunch in a restaurant? It's been so long since we last did that... (smirks)
-Seokwoo: Hmmm, surely that really tempts me... (smiles) Okay, let's have lunch outside.
-Jihoon: Are you leaving?
-Seokwoo: Yeah, can you stay in charge, please? (smiles)
-Jihoon: No problem, hyung (chuckles)
-Momo: By the way honey, its your treat (giggles and walks away)
-Seokwoo: What? That's not fair... Momo I'm always treating you and-
-Momo: (kisses you) And I'm so thankful for that.

The married life is not easy, but it's what makes me the happiest too. So, in honor of my brother, I'm trying to live as good as possible. And I can only do that along Momo and my upcoming little girl.

-THE END-