CHAPTER 2

SEOKWOO'S POV
-Time skip two days later-

After a long way, we have finally arrived to the carnivorous territory. If it wasn't because I trust my self defence skills, I would be intimidated. Here everyone's spirit soul it's a beast who could destroy you within a blink.

However, my expectations are really far of the reality, and once I arrive to my new hometown, I'm welcomed by a lot of people bowing and clapping for me.

I don't know how to feel about this at all, I'm really embarrassed. All this people is looking at me, they are here because of me. Is this how the king feels all the time? It's a lot of pressure!

-???: (opens the carriage's door) Welcome to your new house, sir. My name is Jang Jihoon, and I'll be your assistant from now on (bows)

 My name is Jang Jihoon, and I'll be your assistant from now on (bows)

-Seokwoo: Ah, thank you (smiles and bows)

Now I also have a personal assistant? I really feel like someone important. But I know my place, and I don't deserve this kind of treatment at all. I've got this position because of my family, not because of me.

-Jihoon: Now, we should enter your house, you probably are tired, sir. So I'm sure that you would like to rest before getting busy (chuckles)
-Seokwoo: I'm thankful for the offer, but I came here to work hard. If its not a bother, I would like to explore by myself so I get to know everything (smiles)
-Jihoon: Everyone has their eyes on you, are you sure?
-Seokwoo: (nods) I don't want attention, I came here with a mission to accomplish.

I then get down the carriage and everyone goes wild. I am not a celebrity, please ignore me. I wave and bow at them for later on start walking away.

I'm not really interesting on getting ti know the town, I have already been here before because of the academy. But I'm more interested in the country side, if any illegal issue is going on, I'm sure that it's happening there.

While walking, I notice someone following me, so I turn around and bump into Jihoon.

-Seokwoo: Why are you following me?
-Jihoon: My duty is to not only assist you, but also protect you (smiles)
-Seokwoo: (sighs and smiles) Look, if I'm a military head is because I know how to take care of myself alone. I don't need any protection, return back home, and rest with your beloved ones.
-Jihoon: But sir-
-Seokwoo: Call me just Seokwoo, please (smiles) C'mon, this are my first orders, return home and don't call me sir.
-Jihoon: I can't disobey you (bows and starts walking away)

Nice, now I can continue my way. The carnivorous territory is a beautiful place because of the strong structures that you can find around. Here, the spirit soul animals are beasts, so they need adapted places for rut and heat.

Oh, that's the end of the town, I get inside the forest and start walking deeper. There should be something like a tribe or a village. I understood that there is where the poor people, or the bottom of the society, live.

Soon, I spot some smoke, it's not like I can actually see it, but I can smell it. My spirit soul actually lives in the forest, so I feel pretty comfortable here. My brother's ones also belong to the forest, but they have different characteristics.

I keep on walking and following the trace, until suddenly, I arrive to a small village. Now I just need to check that everything is taking the way that it should.

 Now I just need to check that everything is taking the way that it should

I look around in the village, and nothing seems out of the usual. They are wearing dusty and old clothes... They don't have too much food. And they are in their place, here.

Some of them are looking at me with amazement, probably because of my clothes. And some others, look afraid. If I'm honest, the king has the peasant kinda forgotten... He doesn't show any kind of worry about them. I feel sorry, it was not their fault to be born poor.

-Seokwoo: Is there any leader here?
-???: It's me, why?
-Seokwoo: What's your name?
-???: Hirai Sangju, sir (bows)
-Seokwoo: (nods and hands him a bag) Well Sangju-ssi, being born in a family doesn't define you at all. Use this to help the village, okay? (smiles and starts walking away)
-Sangju: But sir (chases you) This is too much money, we can't accept that! Why would you help us? We don't deserve this kind of treatment by someone like you (bows)
-Seokwoo: Sangju-ssi, as I said, your family doesn't define you as a person. You were born poor, while I was born in the Hye clan, it was just a matter of luck. It doesn't make me better than you, so let me be the one bowing at you (bows) Accept this to help everyone, please. Now I'm the military head of this place, so it's my duty to look after everyone (chuckles and starts walking around)

This people have probably worked harder than me by thousands times more. I receive this treatment because of my father, but if it wasn't because of them, I would be in a worse situation that this people.

I wonder plenty of times why do I have what I have, and since its something that I didn't work hard for, I belive that I don't deserve it at all. That's why helping people is the least that I could do.

I keep on walking trying to exit the village when suddenly I notice how something flies towards me. I move as fast as possible and spot the bag with the money in the ground.

I turn around and spot a worried crowd along a pissed girl. Is she the one who threw it at me?

-Seokwoo: Did you just throw it at me?
-???: That's right, I threw it at you. Do you think that we need your help? We don't need mercy from someone like you! Grab your dirty money and leave this village, spoiled brat!

 Do you think that we need your help? We don't need mercy from someone like you! Grab your dirty money and leave this village, spoiled brat!

So it's really her the one who had the guts to do this... Well, this is interesting, it's the first time that someone reveals like that against me.