•THIRTY FIVE•

"Dear Yana:

It's been a while now since our contract ended. As you may know, JYP is planning on debuting a new girl group, however, I want it to be different from other groups, my project with this new girl group is set on having a foreigner artist within the members, but I don't want it to be the same line of an Asian foreigner, I'm looking for something more daring.

I'm well aware that you already graduated from university, and I would completely understand if you decide to decline my offer, however, if you do decide to sign a contract with us, I will look for your profession to be fulfilled.

We can discuss more specifically all details in a video call, if you like. I do need your response by July 20th, which is three weeks from now, if you make a decision before that time, please contact me via E-mail.

We would be more than happy to have you as a part of JYP family.

I will wait for your response patiently.

Greetings,

Park Jin Young -JYP-. "

That's what the e-mail said. I seriously couldn't even concentrate; the fact that JYP himself was asking for me, felt completely unreal. I had all sort of mixed feelings running over me.

In one hand, I had this amazing cooking job offer from one of the best restaurants around, and I mean, I studied for this; but on the other one, I had also a job offer to be part of an official girl group of JYP entertainment, and I loved music as much as cooking. I felt totally divided in perfect halves.

The worst part was that I didn't know who to ask advice for. I didn't know if it was a good idea to ask the girls, since I wasn't aware if only I received an e-mail, or some of the girls received it too, and I didn't want them to think I was bragging about it. I couldn't ask my mom, because I had the feeling she'd get mad. She spent her money paying my career, and for me to just leave and do something else, she wouldn't aprove it.

I smashed my head to the pillow, extremely confused. I wish I had Felix's number so I could ask him what to do; but I figured he'd tell me to go back, so that wasn't a good idea either. 

I did found interesting mr. JYP mentioned he'd help me with my profession. If I could to both things, maybe my mom would think about allowing me to go, but then again, me myself wasn't sure if I wanted to go back or to live a normal life here.

Going back, for real this time, meant probably not seeing my mom again, like forever, or at least for very long periods of time, as well as my friends. Also, my life style would completely change, as I'd have to say good bye to my privacy and keep everything very quiet. It was probably the biggest decision I had to make so far, and I wasn't mentally prepared for it.

I couldn't sleep all night thinking about everything, mostly about how to tell my mom and how would she react, and I couldn't even find words to start with.

Next morning. I woke up really early; or maybe it was more like I didn't sleep at all so I just got up early instead. My mom was already up, I could tell she was tired.

"At what time did you get home yesterday?" I asked my mom, siting down at the kitchen table.

"Around 11:30 pm, I'm extremely tired. The good thing is my shift ends early today, so maybe we can go out together."

"Baby? Is something wrong?" My mom asked, as I didn't reply to her first statement.

"Huh? Oh uh yeah that sounds fun mom! Let's do so!" I tried to catch up with her.

"Is there something bothering you, Yani? You seem weird today." She asked with concern. I couldn't tel her about the letters, at least not yet.

"N-no there's nothing wrong mom. I'm still sleepy that's all. Oh! I checked my mail and found your boss's email, I forwarded to you." I tried to avoid her questions changing topic quickly, and it seemed to work.

"That's right honey, thank you so much. See you later baby."

"Bye mom! I love you."

As the day passed, I cleaned my room and my house a bit, just to get distracted at least. As I was almost finishing with my bathroom, I received a message from Natalie.

Nats❤️

Hey! Are you busy right now? I'm bored at home.

                                                                              Me
            Hey there! Nope I'm free for now, just going out with mom later. You can come if you want!

Nats❤️

On my way!

15 minutes later, she was already here. She just came in without knocking; I had told them not to do so, my house was their house. She came straight to my room and sat on bed.

"We Can watch a movie if you want, also if you want to come with me and mom, please do!" I sat beside her.

"Thank you! I'd love to come! And I'd love to watch any movie, you choose.  She said. "I'll make popcorn."

During the movie, I found myself once again thinking about the letter. I didn't know if it was a good idea to ask Natalie about it, so I just kept thinking over and over, abour everything.

I managed some how to focus again on the movie, paying attention carefully. Natalie seemed to be the same, until she broke the long silence.

"Um... Yani?" She said. I turned to face her.

"Yeah?"

"Do you miss being there?"

The question got me a bit surprised, it was odd she brought that up, just when I had a mental breakdown about the same topic.

"I... do. I miss being there with the boys and dancing. I miss our days at the dorms."

"Yeah me too. But don't you think it's better we came back? Because I missed my family a lot and I got a lot more free time. " she added.

I thought about what she said, but now, my mind was a total mess. If I didn't tell anyone about the letters, I was going to go insane. Maybe I'd tell Nats, she should maybe understand me a little more and give me advice. 

"Nats... please don't tell anyone about this yet, I haven't even told my mom."

"Are you pregnant?"

"Right, from who? Idiot."

"I'm sorry, I had to. Please keep going."

"Well, you see..." I couldn't find proper words, she becoming a bit impacient.

"Already tell me!"

"Alright, alright! " I took a deep breath before spilling it out. "I received an email from JYP offering me a spot in a new girl group, permanently. I didn't know what to do and I have to give a response, but I haven't told my mom, I don't want to upset her, and I didn't want you guys to think I'm bra-"

"I got one too." She interrupted me.

I stopped with my eyes wide open, looking at her like what she just told me was a lie.

"You're lying?"

"I'm not. I received a letter and I didn't know who to talk to. That's why I came here today, I thought maybe you'd know what to do. But it seems you're as confused as I am." She said.

I remained speechless for a while, thinking about what Natalie just revealed me.