Chapter Forty-One.

Finn

I don't know what to fucking do. I don't know how to make this better - I don't know how to make Avery feel better.

I don't think I've felt the kind of pain I did since we broke up - when she told me that she was thinking of leaving. Thinking about just getting a text or voicemail of her saying goodbye tears my fucking heart right out of my chest. I'm fucking terrified.

I don't know how else to tell her that I don't care about anything that douche bag could or wants to do to me. I need her to know that her leaving would hurt me way more than anything he could do to me.

But I could see that she didn't want to leave. She wouldn't of told me about what she was thinking if she actually wanted too - she would just do it. She told me that she can see us having a daughter - she was talking about our kids. She isn't pushing me away and that gives me some reassurance.

I've just held onto her since Jordan went into the hall when the police showed up. She hasn't moved from that stool so I just kept my arms around her - pressing reassuring kisses to her temple, her cheek, her neck, anywhere and everywhere I could. She's leaned into every one of them and I'm glad she's letting herself take the comfort.

A loud voice comes from the hall and Avery flinches in my arms from it, so I just press another kiss to her head. "Mason Hughes?! LAPD, open up!"

Next Jordan's voice yells after another round of knocks, "Tanya Hughes?!"

The sound of the doors being kicked in come next and I hold onto her tightly. She sighs as she looks up at me, "I don't think he's in there. And I think Megan left.. Tanya- whatever."

"Maybe they can find something that tells them where he's going," I try softly, running my hands along her arms. "Regardless, we're gonna get out of here. Why don't we go finish packing so we can leave when we know it's clear?"

"Okay," she responds quietly, spinning in the stool so that she can get up. Jenny went out in the hall too so we're alone in here, which I'm relieved about.

Once we're in her room, we both start packing as much as we can. She finishing off her clothes and I'm packing her laptop and the other things she uses every day along with her bag that she brings to classes with her.

After about five minutes of doing that, there's a knock on her bedroom door. We both turn and see Jordan standing there and my stomach drops at the look on her face. She looks way more sympathetic than she has before, and that's saying something.

"Do you mind if I check something?" Jordan asks Avery. My brows furrow as I look to my girl, who just nods confused. "Sure.. What's wrong?"

She walks past us and to the far wall, not answering the question. I go to stand next to Avery to watch what Jordan's doing - but I'm coming up empty. It's the wall next to Avery's bed on the right side; she's looking through her bookshelf.

A second later, she takes a plastic glove from her suit jacket pocket and puts it on - before she takes something out of the shelf. "What's going on, Jordan?"

It's a really small rectangular object and I really have no clue what it is, but there's a wire attached to it that she unplugs from the back of it. Where is that even connected too?

"What the hell? Is that a camera?!" Avery gasps, her hand covering her mouth as she looks at Jordan.

No way. No fucking way.

There is absolutely no fucking way.

Jordan sighs deeply, nodding as she gestures to the wire, "He drilled a hole in the wall and threaded the wire through. It was hidden inside the shelf, there's no way you would of been able to see it - even if you moved the books around."