Chapter Fifty.

Finn

Gotta admit, don't feel too hot about that letter.

That guy really hates me. Like.. really hates me. Yet I somehow know that my loathing runs a lot deeper than his.

Maybe I should care more about those threats he made towards me, but I'm too angry at the fact he left them for Avery. He waited until I was gone to leave that shit for her - he waited until I was gone to leave threatening messages.

He knew exactly what to say to scare her, but what I don't think he realizes is just how angry Avery can get. She's not taking the threats lightly and as more time goes on, the angrier she gets.

She's so mad. Like, really really mad.

Tanya isn't talking, which isn't a surprise. She hasn't said a word to Jordan or any of her colleagues that she's sent in. But she hasn't lawyered up either, she's stayed completely silent.

I don't know what the fuck she's getting out of all of this. This is all because of her brother, why is she protecting him? The only reason they can hold her is because they found the bloody clothes Hughes wore when he attacked Casey hidden in her fucking cupboard.

Which was just dumb that she kept them, by the way. She obviously doesn't binge watch Criminal Minds with her significant other.

It's been a full week since she got the rose and Avery said that she hasn't seen any sign of him since. Of course we don't know if that's just because she can't see him, but I like to think that maybe he's backed off after realizing that Tanya was taken in.

I don't know how he's still getting around, I don't know how he's stayed hidden for so long.

But on a better note, I'm almost able to play again. It's been a long three or so weeks since the hit but I feel as good as new and I'm ready. I'm still not being put in because the coaching staff and trainers want to air on the side of caution, but I'll definitely be in for the Kings game.

And so will Casey.

The amount of respect I have for that man is just unreal. He has gone above and beyond with trying to make sure that he's getting back in before the regular season ends and he has more than shown his strength. I'm not being dramatic when I say that he is the strongest guy I have ever met.

Mans like an ox.

The last few weeks away from my girl have been real lonely, I'll admit. We talk tons though and we've both been keeping busy. I've been training and getting my body back to how it should be while she's been packing up both her apartment and helping Casey and Grace with their house, along with school and work. It's coming down to crunch time and I really can't believe it's already almost April.

Another fun thing that happened - the Sharks clinched a playoff spot. I wish I could of been on the ice with the guys but I was stashed away in the box with our GM, so I was at least in the building.

That was a surreal night, I won't lie. It was the first game I had gone to since the hit and they welcomed me back on the big screen. Hearing all the fans cheer and give me a standing ovation made my heart ache more than anything. I feel guilty that I'm leaving.

Which is why I'm going to tell the guys I'm leaving after practice today. I'm currently standing on the ice with the the coaching staff as I watch the guys finish some drills and my anxiety is through the fucking roof. I talked to Liam and told him that I wanted to let them know, and he told me that he was hoping I would do it soon but didn't want to say anything.

I just really, really don't want them to think that I don't care about the team anymore. I want them to know that I am going to put my heart and soul into this season and the playoff run.