Chapter Fifteen.

Finn

She didn't throw the ring in my face.

I really convinced myself that she would. Well, maybe not throw it in my face because Avery is far too kind to do that, but I was sure she wouldn't accept it. I didn't go scouting for a ring, I just saw it and instantly knew that it was made for her. She wears a lot of them everyday and I could just see that one accompanying the ones she already had nicely.

I'm glad she was happy about the book, too. I think she forgot about it, which I don't blame her for. But I've been working on it every single day for the past month in a desperate attempt to get it finished by this trip. It was really freaking hard and I have too many fucking paper cuts, but I don't care. Seeing her face when she got through the wrapping paper made it all worth it. Hell, I'd do it a hundred times over just to see that look again.

And the bracelet she gave me? Fuck. I literally can't even begin to discuss how amazing it is. We're both cheesy shits, always have been and always will be, so the meaning behind the stones really just did me in.

I'm so fucked when it comes to this girl.

Our night walking through the city brought back a lot of memories - from Chicago, from Toronto, from when I visited her in New York. We've been to so many cities together but I want more. I want to travel the world with her.

God, I almost slipped up so many times last night. I had to bite my tongue a few times to stop myself from saying how badly I wanted her. It's like I couldn't get my mind to stop thinking about us growing older together.

But I guess that's nothing new.

She looked so good in my sweater, it actually hurt. I couldn't keep my eyes off of her. I swear, I've gotten boarded and checked so hard that I've forgotten my own name momentarily, but even those times didn't knock the air out of me like seeing her in my favorite sweater did.

She forgot she put it on but I didn't. I didn't tell her she was still wearing it when I left her apartment that night because I didn't want to see her take it off.

Well..

You know what I mean.

She texted me and told me that she didn't even realize she was still wearing it and that she'd bring it today to Casey's. I'm hoping she forgets though, because then that means she'll have to see me again before I go back to San Jose.

I'm at Case's now, Dot sitting in my lap as I'm sitting on the couch. Grace and Casey are working on the table and all, which they won't let me help with by the way, and Aves isn't here yet. So I'm giving and receiving a lot of love from their pup and I'm pretty content with my position. She's sitting straight up on thighs facing me, her face pulled back in what looks like a smile as I scratch behind her ears. Her tail is going crazy, too.

She's so fucking adorable. I want a dog so badly. I still live with Jack so getting one now would be irresponsible, since we're both traveling at the same time. I also can't imagine getting one without Avery, although I know that's probably a pipe dream at this point.

But I still want our little Aussie Shepherd. I still want Ollie.

"You could use a little cousin, eh?" I ask Dot, my mouth tugging up slightly in the corner even more. Her smile grows as I talk to her and it boosts me with endorphins, honestly. "Would you like that, babe? Someone to play with? Maybe a little boy?"

She suddenly leans forward and starts assaulting my face with happy licks and whimpers, making me squeeze my lips together in a smile and taking the love with open arms and a muddled chuckle.