Chapter Thirty.

Trigger Warning:
Mention of violence.

Avery

I'm so fucking excited to get home to Finn.

Casey came to the apartment this morning to pick him up so the two of them could go ring shopping and I moseyed my way to my day of back to back classes. I wish I could of gone with them.

They asked me a thousand questions before they left though, which didn't surprise me but also made me a bit more nervous than I was last night.

I'm sure it's fine.

But now I'm walking down the hall towards my apartment with a little pep in my step because he texted me about an hour ago to say that he got back to my apartment. I can't help but grin at the fact that we're leaving for San Jose in a couple hours, which means we're going to be in Seattle within a couple days.

"Finn, love?! I'm home!" I call as I walk into the apartment, closing and locking the door behind me. It's weirdly quiet in here - eerily quiet. I guess he could of fallen asleep?

I put my bag on the couch as I go towards my room, kind of smiling lightly at the thought of him sleeping in my bed. It's going to be really tempting not to just crawl in behind him. I'm sure I'll end up doing it, honestly.

I'm trying to be quiet as I open my bedroom door, cringing as it squeaks against my will. He can be a deep sleeper so I'm really hoping that's the case here.

However my brows twitch together when I see him leaning over my bed and digging through his bag. I frown as I stop in the doorway, "What are you doing, baby?"

I'm convinced that my heart stops beating in my chest when he turns and I see that it's not Finn. It's Mason and he's standing there in the clothes Finn was wearing all day, but now they're covered in blood.

I'm not sure I've ever felt my heart pound this hard in my entire life. I can feel it's vibrating through me and I'm scared that it's going to bruise or just rip through my sternum. He smiles when he sees me, his borderline black beady eyes trailing over my body as he runs his hand through his long brown hair. "You called me baby."

My breathing is so fucking hard and I feel like I'm about to faint as I catch a glimpse of the most gut wrenching sight I could ever imagine. Finn's lifeless and naked body is just slumped in corner of my room, blood still pooling from I don't even know where.

No.. Please, God. Don't so this to me. Don't take him from me - not permanently. Not like this.

I'm stumbling over to him the next second as cries of anguish and pure agony are shredding through my vocal chords. I can't even hear them, I just know they're happening because it feels like knives are forcing themselves down my throat. It's not as painful as the feeling of them striking and obliterating my heart, though.

"Finn- God, no. Finnegan, baby," I try, my hands hovering over his body because I'm so fucking scared to touch him. But then I let them fall onto his bare chest to try and wake him up. But he's cold under my touch and he just falls to the side more with every movement I force on him. He's not waking up. Why isn't he fucking waking up?!

"I tried to warn you. You gave me no choice," I hear Mason say behind me, but I don't answer him. I can't focus on anything but Finn. His long eyelashes are softly resting on his cheeks and there's no expression on his face at all - no aged lines, no red cheeks, no dimples. It doesn't even feel like he's here. I'm touching his body but he's not here.