Chapter 5: What's Ramen?

After a quick visit to the town's bathhouse to wash off the toad mucus, Kazuma and Aqua met up with Naruto at the adventurers' guild.

"So let me get this straight... Just like me, you were sent to this world by a goddess to defeat the demon king, but you're not from Japan? You do have blonde hair and blue eyes... Are you from America or Europe?"

Kazuma asked as he tried to wrap his head around the situation.

"Nope. Never heard of em."

Naruto said with the wave of his hand as he sent occasional glances at Aqua, who was fiddling with a straw paying zero attention to the conversation.

Kazuma hummed and calmly rubbed his chin in thought. He wasn't the type to overreact to something like this, especially when entities such as gods and goddess were involved. Naruto said he didn't know what Japan was, so he was expecting the guy to be from another country. But Kazuma didn't imagine the blonde to be from an entirely different world than his old one altogether.

But the possibility of the gods and goddess recruiting people from worlds other than Kazuma's home wasn't entirely out of the question.

"Where are you from then?"

"The Elemental Nations..."

Naruto said absentmindedly while watching Aqua work on the straw, and Kazuma clearly saw this.

"Aqua, pay attention and stop distracting Naruto! This has to do with you too!"

"Don't wanna-Wah! No, I'm not finished yet!"

Aqua whaled when Kazuma snatched the straw out of her hands, and she started bobbing at the boy's head comically.

Naruto chuckled as he watched the two fight until Aqua somehow managed to retrieve her straw back.

"So I take it you're from this Japan place, Kazuma?"

Kazuma rubbed his head as he sent the priest, who was sitting next to him, an annoyed expression, then looked at Naruto and nodded.

"Yeah, but to think there really are other worlds out there besides my old home and this world. It's really just like a video game!"

Aqua stifled a laugh.

"As expected of Kazuma who's previous life was merely that of a NEET, comparing the real world to a video game is-Hey! No, I'm sorry! Stop it Kazuma! It's gonna break! Kazuma-San!"

Kazuma let go of Aqua's strange looking straw before crossing his arms. He was getting sidetracked because of this dumb girl. If she didn't want to listen, then so be it.

"What kind of world did you come from?"

Naruto hummed in thought when Kazuma questioned him about his old home.

"I guess it was kinda like this world... But we didn't have a king, and we didn't use magic. We, ninja, use chakra!"

"You're a ninja?"

Kazuma questioned incredulously as he looked at the blonde's attire. The guy was wearing a headband with a strange symbol, but with those bright orange clothes coupled with his light blonde hair... Then there was also that bright golden energy power he used earlier.

Nope. Kazuma just couldn't see this guy being able to stealth looking like that.

Seeing the doubt on Kazuma's face, Naruto fumed.

"I-I'm really a ninja, ya know! I might look like this, but I could hide from some of the hidden village's top ninja when I was twelve! I even stole the forbidden scroll of sealing and learned a jutsu from it in one night!"