Chapter 38: A Conclusion to this Bet Between Fools

"Scum! Pervert! Virgin NEET!"

Aqua shouted with teary eyes as she stalked Kazuma down the stairs of their mansion.

"Oh! Kazuma! You've finally decided to come out! Does this mean you're ready to go on another quest?"

Darkness asked from the living room table, a cup of tea in her hands.

"About time you came out."

Megumin said upon seeing the male enter the room with the steamy priestess behind him.

"I'm still mad about that cheeky writing you scribbled on my dead body... Excalibur my ass..."

Kazuma said and immediately shot Megumin a glare, who was quick to advert her gaze.

"That was Naruto. Anyway, why is Aqua being so noisy? What did you do this time?"

"Hear me this! Kazuma finally decided to change his class to pervert! I was on my way to the bathroom to wash up this morning and this fiend suddenly came out of his room and spanked me!"

Aqua interjected and pointed at Kazuma accusingly.

"First of all, it's already well past noon. Secondly, I am not fiend. I am a gentleman. As such, if I see such a note on a girl's back then it's only natural I would follow its instructions accordingly."

Kazuma casually explained as if he'd done nothing wrong in the slightest.

Upon hearing Kazuma's words, Darkness and Megumin looked at Aqua to find a piece of paper that read "Spank Me!" attached to her back. They then looked back at Kazuma with dull looks.

Such an act was to be expected of their party leader by now, but it was still low.

Seeing how everyone was looking at her back, Aqua reached back and felt the paper. Ripping it off and seeing what was written on it, she growled angrily before crumpling the paper and throwing it onto the ground.

Because she had come home so late, she had immediately gone to bed without changing into her pajamas. On top of being smashed from her late-night drinking, there was no way for her to have noticed!

'But who could have...'

Aqua thought when her eyes widened when she remembered the prank a certain ninja pulled on her way home.

"Naruto! Of course that man would know that Kazuma wouldn't be able to resist laying on his hands on my divine figure should the chance arise!"

"Aqua is pretty, but calling her figure divine is a little..."

"Shh... Remember, we all promised to go along with her act remember Megumin?"

Aqua began to tremble with anger when she heard Megumin and Darkness whispering amongst themselves. But the breaking point was when she saw Kazuma smirking at her.

"Mizuru..."

"AHHHH!"

Aqua screamed when Kazuma said the word that she had forbidden her party members from saying. But just as she was about to tackle the shut-in and strangle him to death, a certain thought came to her.

Today was the deadline of the bet.

So just like that, all of Aqua's anger vanished from her face. It was as if she was never angry to begin with.

This, of course, was unnerving to her party members.

"U-uh... Aqua? Are you okay?"

Kazuma asked politely when the rambunctious girl stopped. Realizing he may have gone too far, he tried to press on.