Chapter 56: Picking up Sages in a Dungeon Part 2

"Looks like this is the place."

Kazuma said as he looked up from the map that Luna had given him. He then lifted his arm and placed his palm on the cold wall, and just as he applied some pressure-

*Shhhrk!*

The brick slid into the wall, and a low rumbling could be heard as the rest of the wall seemingly collapsed, revealing a hidden passage.

"Oho~! This should be interesting!"

Naruto exclaimed while marching straight in, followed by Aqua and finally Kazuma who rolled his eyes at the blonde's cliched enthusiasm.

But it was to be expected, as they hadn't run into a single monster thus far, so it was safe to assume that Naruto was itching for a fight right about now.

"This part of the dungeon hasn't been explored yet, right Kazuma? Maybe we'll find some loot and strike it rich!"

Aqua said with a greedy expression just as they walked into the first open room of the unexplored territory. It was a small chamber that led to three different pathways.

Keele's Dungeon was a low-level tomb that was popular for beginner adventurers. Having been delved in by so many people, of course there wasn't going to be much inside.

But with this newly found passageway, it opened a lot of opportunities. That's why Kazuma was so quick to snatch this quest just as the guild receptionist Onee-Chan was putting it up.

If they were lucky, they might find a treasure vauluable enough to pay off the rest of their debt!

"I understand why you're excited, but don't go too far, Aqua. There could be traps."

Kazuma warned when he noticed Aqua venturing towards the right side of the room. If he wasn't mistaken, his Enemy Detection skill was-

"Hey, Kazuma! I found something!"

"Yeep!"

Kazuma let out a surprised yelp when Naruto had suddenly appeared behind him by placing a hand on his shoulder, and the shinobi seemed just as surprised by his fellow male's not so manly reaction.

"D-don't sneak up on me like that... Well? What did you find?"

"That!"

Naruto pointed towards the left pathway, which seemed to be sealed off by a pair of stone doors.

As they walked towards the door, Kazuma noticed a metallic level next to the door's frame. If he had to guess, it was probably used to open and close the door. He saw things like this in games all the time.

However, even without his gamer knowledge, a door with a lever like this was obviously a trap.

Why? Because they weren't even that deep in the unexplored territory. Whoever made this dungeon obviously wanted to keep something hidden in here, and surely Naruto had noticed as well-

"I'm gonna pull the lever!"

"!"

With an eager grin on his face, opposite to Kazuma's look of horror, Naruto pulled the lever without hesitation.

The stone doors opened inwards, revealing a pitch-black hallway. At the same time, the two boys heard something slam behind them.

Turning their backs to the hall, Naruto and Kazuma blinked when they found that Aqua was nowhere to be seen.

"...Aqua?"

Naruto's eyes widened and took a few steps forward until he was standing in the middle of the room. He noticed one of the other entrances was now closed.