Chapter 49: Easy Questions

"My name is Sena. I will be in charge of your questioning today, so shall we get started, Uzumaki-San?"

"Just call me Naruto... That makes me sound old."

The stern police lady with the glasses, who was now dubbed as Sena, sat in front of Naruto at a square wooden table in a small closed off room. The shinobi had been cuffed to the chair to ensure that he wouldn't try and escape.

Not that the blonde had any such intention. After all, he was completely innocent. Why try and escape when all he had to do was tell the truth?

"Very well then, Naruto-San. Let us begin."

Sena said and placed a bell onto the center of the table.

"Do you know what this is? It's a magical item that sees through lies. It will ring if you do not tell the truth."

"Oh, if that's all it does then I should be fine! I don't have anything to hide!"

Naruto claimed with a cheeky grin. This questioning was going to be a piece of cake!

"You seem quite confident, but very well. Let's start with where you are from."

"Okay! I'm from the hidden village Konohagakure, and I was a high-ranking ninja who-"

*Ding!*

"..."

Naruto fell silent when the bell suddenly rang while he was telling nothing but the truth.

Did he word it wrong? Was he also supposed to say that he was from another world? But Kazuma told him to keep that part a secret...

'Were you really a high-ranking ninja?'

'Geh...!'

Naruto flinched when the fox's sly voice echoed in his mind. That's right... He was still technically a genin.

"...I was a low-ranking ninja who aspired to become its leader."

When the shinobi corrected himself rather meekly, Sena glanced at the magical item and found that it was silent.

"Hidden village? I've never heard of such a place. Where is it? Is it like the Crimson Demon Village?"

"The village is really far from here... But it's nothing like that village of weirdos-"

*Ding!*

"..."

Naruto fell silent again when the bell rang, only this time he realized why.

Of course, because there were all kinds of weirdos in Konoha too. Ero-Sennin, Bushy-Brows, Super Bushy-Brows, Kakashi-Sensei, Granny Tsunade, Hinata, Shino... and the list could go on. They even had a school that trained children to become Arch Wizards at a young age, much like Konoha's Ninja Academy.

"...Yes, it's similar to the Crimson Demon-"

*Ding!*

"...It's just like the Crimson Demon Village."

Naruto corrected himself a second time, now feeling a wave of depression washing over him. His village was just like the Crimson Demon Village... A place that was full of powerful weirdos...

Sena nodded when the bell did ring and wrote the information in her notes. To think there was another village out there that was like the Crimson Demons.

"I'm also the pupil of Jiraiya, who also comes from-"

"Pui!"

Naruto was cut off when Sena sudden spat on the ground in the middle of his sentence.