Chapter 25: Return of the Crazy Priestess

"Dust! Where are you!"

Naruto hollered as he walked down a secluded alley in the far reaches of Axel. After all, he did first meet Dust in such a place so why wouldn't the guy be here now? For all Naruto knew, Dust could be picking a fight with random street thugs right now.

But what worried Naruto the most was what Luna had said.

'Dust hasn't been seen at the adventurer's guild for a couple days, and not since the Demon King Army General appeared... Where did he go?'

As Naruto was busy trying to figure out where his party member had gone, a couple figures could be seen peeking around the corner of the alleyway.

"Why are we hiding? He's just looking for that drunkard of a man that has a similar personality as you. I don't know why he would bother looking for that man anyway."

Aqua complained but kept her voice down. She would have just ran up to Naruto had it not been for the firm grasp on her shoulder.

"Just what about our personalities are similar, you goddess of wine? Never mind that. But my gut is telling me to wait."

Kazuma said as he held Aqua in place. If memory served correctly, Dust had been placed in medical care after the battle with the Dullahan. But knowing that guy, he was probably kicked out after a couple of hours.

Just what has Dust been up to that kept him away from the adventurer's guild?

This is what gave Kazuma a bad feeling. He wanted to give his drinking buddy the benefit of the doubt, but even he knew that Dust was easily angered and frequently picked fights with the wrong crowds. With his current financial status, thanks to a certain former what's-it-called, Kazuma couldn't afford to get into any trouble with the police.

So, they were hiding.

"Following someone from the shadows really goes against my morals of a Crusader. But I wonder if Naruto will get mad when he finds out and attack us. I heard he once threw a giant toad with his bare hands... Maybe I'll hide for a little longer."

Darkness said as her breathing gradually became heavier.

"You really are hopeless."

Kazuma said with a sweatdrop.

"Hey, is it just me or is someone screaming?"

Megumin asked and the group, including Naruto, looked up to see someone jump across the rooftops.

"AH! I'm gonna die!"

"Dust?"

Naruto said and immediately kicked off the narrow walls to quickly scale to the top of the building.

"How is he able to do that!?"

Kazuma said and ran up to the wall that Naruto just effortlessly climbed. Just what kind of powers did his 'cheat' give him? Was super human strength one of those perks?

"Looks like we lost him. Shall we head back to the guild and wait for them there?"

Darkness asked as she and the other two girls walked over to the only male in their party.

"No! I'm actually kind of curious as to why Dust has been missing as well! Come over here Darkness, use your hard muscles to throw up there!"

Kazuma said and pointed upwards, and Darkness's face immediately flared and angry red.

"D-don't call my muscles hard! Do you want me to throw you into the river nearby!? I'll gladly do that!"
————————————————————