Chapter 46: The Destroyer Part 1

A/N: Fun fact... Each of the KonoSuba light novels averages about 50,000 words each, which means A Ninja Takes on this Wonderful World has the equivalent to about three volumes in terms of length~

Ah. But I guess this also means I'm falling behind KonoSuba's canon timeline.

. . .

Queue the Destroyer!
————————————————————

"Emergency! Destroyer Alert! Destroyer Alert! All adventurers please come straight to the guild at once! I repeat..."

Just as the crowd surrounding Naruto was beginning to disperse, Luna's voice echoed across town through the guild's magic speakers and all hell broke loose.

"Destroyer? What's a Destroyer?"

Naruto asked, and a random adventurer stopped next to him.

"The Destroyer is the Destroyer! It's coming to this town to kill us all, and the town's ace was just knocked out cold! We're doomed!"

"...Huh?"

Naruto looked over at Kazuma, but the boy seemed to be just as confused as he was. His next action was to look to Aqua for a possible answer, but she seemed to be avoiding his gaze for some reason. Odd...

"...Let's just head to the adventurer's guild and ask Luna-Chan."
————————————————————

"Oh... So that's the Destroyer."

Naruto said as he peered into a magic item that somehow allowed him vision of the walking fortress from a bird's eye view. But that vision was abruptly cutoff by a flash of light.

Luna had explained that the Destroyer was created by an ancient civilization and that it went rampant, leaving nothing left of its creators.

The royal army once tried an assault on the walking fortress but found that they couldn't even attack due to a magical barrier that protected it from outside forces. It was then considered to be a natural disaster, one that encouraged immediate evacuation should be held if it was headed toward your location.

"This really is a problem... Why didn't you tell me about such a powerful target sooner, Luna-Chan!? I would have taken the quest to destroy that thing in a heartbeat!"

Naruto shouted at the troubled receptionist and slammed his hands on the table that everyone was gathered around.

"That's what your mad about you fight-crazy psycho!?"

Kazuma retorted when a man suddenly walked passed him to the center table, one that he, and many others recognized instantly.

"Now, now... Let's not lose our heads here people."

Jiraiya said in a calm manner while raising his hands passively as if to maintain order.

"Ero-Senin!"

Naruto exclaimed upon seeing his master come seemingly out of nowhere.

"That was a nice fight, kid. But we'll talk about that some other time. We have to come up with a plan to destroy the Destroyer. Fortress or not, it should still have weaknesses. Right, receptionist-San?"

The old sage stated before turning towards the . But despite his seriousness, his eyes were glued on the guild lady's "assets".

"...It brings great relief that such a widely-known adventurer has come to our aid. But unfortunately, we are still at a disadvantage. Without having a means of taking down the Destroyer's barrier, it won't matter how many "Ero-Senins" appear."