Chapter 23: Axel's Ninja Returns

It took a couple days for Naruto and Yunyun to walk back to Alcanretia due to thee latter's inability to tree walk. But during their travels, Naruto was able to see what his newest member was capable of.

To say the least, he was quite impressed.

Yunyun was able to perform various types of spells, she was able to guard both the front and the rear, and just had overall great judgement. The Crimson Magic Clan was well known for their high intelligence stats, and Yunyun was a prime example of this fact.

Another thing Naruto learned about Yunyun was that they were quite similar. She aspired to become the Crimson Magic Village's next chief, and always tried her best to train and become stronger. It was just like when he was younger and wanted to become the Hokage...

Shaking the nostalgic thoughts out of his head, Naruto leaned outside of the window of the carriage they were riding.

As soon as they reached to the top of this next incline, he was expecting to see the great wall that separated the people of Axel from the wilderness...

...Except that very wall was now in shambles.

"What the hell happened!?"

Naruto shouted as he took in the pitiful state of the front gates of the town of beginners. The structure looked as though a huge force slammed into it. Construction workers were littered all over the place, but it seemed like their work was only in the beginning stages. Did that mean it only happened recently?

Yunyun poked her head out next to Naruto and stared at the shattered gates with wide eyes.

"Wow... I wonder what happened?"

"Let's go find out."

After getting off the carriage when it reached the stopping point and splitting the cost for the ride, Naruto and Yunyun spotted a construction worker who seemed to be on break.

"Hey, what happened to the walls? Was it a monster attack?"

"Hm? Ah, you must have missed it. No, this damage was actually caused by a flood."

"A flood?" x2

Naruto and Yunyun looked at each other, then back at the burly man incredulously. It didn't seem like the man was lying, but what could have caused a flood? There wasn't an ocean anywhere near the town.

"Ah... I wish the little miss would come back to the team. With her skills, we could be done with this mess in a week. Even though I hear she was the one who caused it all..."

The construction worker mumbled to himself before throwing a towel over his shoulder and walking back towards the work site.

"Maybe Luna-Chan will be able to tell us more... Oh shoot! First I need to feed Wiz! Sorry Yunyun, but I gotta go! Let's meet up at the adventurer's guild tonight!"

"Ah...!"

Yunyun reached out when Naruto suddenly took off running into the town. She wanted ask if he wanted to walk to the inn together, but it couldn't be helped if he already had plans.

"Oh well... I guess I'll go to the inn by myself."

She wondered who Wiz was. Naruto said something about feeding them, so maybe a pet?
————————————————————

After creating two clones and sending them to the apartment, one to make the ramen and the other to disperse to notify him when they were done, Naruto decided he'd try and find Kazuma at the stables. He had to wait for the ramen to be made anyway, might as well make use of his clones to kill two birds with one stone.