Chapter 35: A Blind Date for this Nervous Shinobi

Naruto sighed as he thought about the conclusion of Snow Sprites quest, which hadn't gone as he'd planned at all. Not only had the Winter Shogun escaped while he was taking care of the new monster, but Kazuma had shut himself in his mansion and refused to go on anymore quests the moment they returned.

Aqua, having been the one that revived Kazuma, had tried taunting the guy in her usual manner. But she was quickly shut down after Kazuma said he would only come out if she switched places with Eris. The water goddess(self-proclaimed) then stormed off while shouting angrily.

Megumin then made an attempt to be the voice of reason by saying Kazuma was being overly dramatic, which was surprisingly enough to get the boy to open the door slightly. But only Kazuma's arm stuck out as he used "Steal" on Megumin and successfully stole the girl's panties before closing the door again.

While the Crimson Magic Clansman desperately tried to pry the door open, it was then Naruto decided to go back to the adventurer's guild.

As for Darkness...

"What's wrong Naruto-San? Did things not go well with Darkness-San?"

Yunyun asked with a worried expression. She and Naruto were sitting at their usual table in the far corner of the guild, but the blonde had been silent for quite some time.

"Well, I don't want to talk about it..."

Naruto groaned and placed his forehead on the table dejectedly.

"Th-that bad...?"

Yunyun struggled to come up with some words of encouragement, but she couldn't come up with anything because it was the first time she had ever tried comforting a friend. She had to say something, but what if she made it worse?

"Maybe I should just give up on this stupid bet... I was stupid to think I could get a girlfriend so easily."

Naruto mumbled while playing with the straw in his drink. He could put up with Aqua and her unreasonable demands. After all, he was used to it by now. The only thing that bothered him was that he would be going back on what he claimed in front of everyone...

"Y-you can't give up now! You still have two days left to woo Darkness-San! Don't worry, I'll help you all the way!"

Yunyun said while standing up from her seat to emphasize her support.

Naruto looked up from his drink and stared at his party member with a half-baked smile. He appreciated what Yunyun was trying to do, but Darkness was just too much for him.

'Yunyun's such a nice kid... Guess I'll have to explain things to her.'

With that thought, Naruto sat up straight and crossed his arms in a mature manner.

"Listen, Yunyun... Darkness is hopeless. She's a lost cause. That girl has nothing but weird thoughts going on in her head."

"Eh? But I thought Naruto-San said Darkness-San was a kind and noble Crusader?"

Yunyun said and tilted her head to the side, but something suddenly caught her attention and her eyes went wide.

"Darkness is a nice person, but don't let that fool you. Inside that armor is a beast that's waiting to be unleashed! Dust and Kazuma both warned me too. I should have listened to them..."

Naruto said and grabbed his carbonated drink before downing it in one go. Slamming it back on the table, he continued to rant about Darkness' personality.

Yunyun frantically tried to grab the boy's attention, but she found her party member was too lost in his rant to notice.

"N-Naru...!"