Chapter 18: Just Like Old Times

After Naruto felt satisfied with the distance he'd put between himself and Alcanretia, he slowed to a stop and propped Jiraiya against a tree.

"Geh... I thought I was going to die!"

Jiraiya gasped to catch his breath and clutched his pounding heart.

"When did you get so fast, kid? Is that the Kyuubi's chakra?"

"Yeah, and it's Kurama. He'll get angry if you keep calling him that."

Naruto replied absentmindedly as he looked around the forest he'd stopped in for any signs of monsters. When he didn't see any potential threats, and he let out a sigh and reverted back to his base form.

"I can't sense any monsters nearby so we're good."

"That makes sense. We're near the city of Alcanretia, which is full of Axis Cult members. Only high leveled monsters like Rookie Killers ever come close to that place."

Jiraiya said with a wave of his hand, and Naruto sweatdropped. Even monsters feared the Axis Cult... that was scary.

"By the way... Does that mode heighten your senses?"

Jiraiya asked as he dusted himself off. He was rather curious as to what else Naruto was capable of with the Kyuu-Kurama's chakra than being able to flee from a city at impossible speeds. After all, they had spent a good portion of their training trip working on that power. If Naruto was confident enough in his friendship with the demon fox to bring it with him to this world, then he must have mastered using its chakra.

"I can sense the negative emotions in people while using Kurama's chakra and create chakra limbs and mini Biju-bombs."

Naruto stated proudly, prompting the old sage's eyes to widen. He also wanted to brag about how he mastered sage mode too, but he decided to save that for another time and savor the moment.

"Wahaha! Look at you, so full of variety in your attacks! I'm sure you even managed to perfect the Rasengan after I left, so I think you might have even surpassed the Fourth Hokage by now!"

Jiraiya laughed heartily and ruffled his student's hair. He remembered back when all Naruto's only strategy was to spam Shadow Clones in hopes to overwhelm his opponents with sheer numbers! As crafty as the brat was with his clones, it could only get him so far in the world of ninjutsu. But with all these new techniques, Naruto was surely a force to be reckoned with. He couldn't be prouder of his prized pupil!

"Hehe... Of course I surpassed my old man, ya know!"

Naruto snickered, and Jiraiya stopped ruffling the blonde's hair.

"...So you know about your father."

Obviously, it wasn't a question. Jiraiya hadn't told Naruto about Minato or Kushina. He had planned to do so after he returned from his last mission, but... Things didn't turn out the way he'd hoped.