chap.7

Hmmmm is it too late to run away now ? I mean whyyyyyy , I also mean what's up with me and being dramatic today, it's only Ntando Majola heir to the Majola clan and one of the most richest families in SA before us so no biggie I mean after all he's human with bone flesh and blood right? Its not like his blood is royalty or anything like that I mean-

My monologuing gets cut off by a voice " no its not you can sit" yheeeeeeeeeeeeeweeeeeeeeannaaaaaaaaaaaa voice ya moguy!!!!!

"Oh okay thank you. I'm Yandisokuhle" I say offering him a handshake "Ntando" he says turning towards Mrs Klass but not before shaking my hand. "Okay adventurers today we are starting with the book, drum role please...." She says and the class starts drumming "ROMEO AMD JULIET!" the class erupts in cheers "What!" Uhm who said that...

Oh shoot, it was me

"is there a problem miss..." Mrs Klass gestures for me to say my name

"Yandisokuhle, Yandisokuhle Mthethwa and yes ma'am there is" I say

"Do elaborate miss Mthethwa" she says focusing fully on me and I can see that the class is now too, even Ntando with the glasses, like seriously isn't anyone going to ask about them???

"I've already done Romeo and Juliet ma'am I thought this year we're doing Mac Beth or Julius Caesar" I reply

"Well I don't know which school you come from but in Rosèry High we teach differently, it goes by what the principal, the HOD and the student body decide for literature and they decided we do Mac Beth in grade 10 and Romeo and Juliet grade 11 and I see you have a problem with that so why not take it up with the principal or student body. We need to get the wheels rolling in here my dear, a new adventure awaits us" she says turning back towards her table.

I can't believe this, Romeo et Juliet again🙅😒. Yhoo. I quickly take my book, tablet and pencil case out and set them on the table but not before sanitising the table, at least this time no one commented. By no one I mean Ntando, although I saw Jason roll his eyes.

Mrs Klass walks towards a door, unlocks it and enters, I'm guessing its a storage room and by the books she's come out with my guess is correct. She places them on her desk and goes in for more. Once she's gotten them all, I think, she says "okay adventures once I call your name, you are to come to the front, take a book and sign to show that you've taken one, okay? Okay."

She goes to call the names and one by one books get collected and signed for, I don't pay attention to the name calling until she calls the guy next to me, I think she did call him, why else would he stand. He then walks towards ma'am and everyone is watching 😒 oh Thixo don't tell me his aura begs for you to look. He walks back to our tables and his scent is heavenly, no lie. Its like a manly mixed with pine and lemons with a hint of weed, weird but it smells awesome.

"Yandisek...yandisol...Uhm Pearl Mthethwa" Mrs Klass calls. Yhoo did she have to use that name. I stand and walk to her desk, grab a book and sign but before I leave I say "Please don't call me pearl ma'am rather Yandise" I walk back to my desk and the name calling continues.

"Right! I hope everyone has a book because I've called everyone. Now we are to begin. Open your books please, the first few pages talk about romeo and Juliet. Please turn to page 15 that's where act 1 scene 1 begins, with the sonnet which is a poem of 14 lines. Before we begin I'm going to need a Gregory and a Samson." Two learners at the back volunteered "thank you Snovuyo and Sandile, let's begin...."

The rest of the period was spent on Act 1 Scene 1,2 and a little bit of 3. The bell rang indicating it's lunch time. Everyone stated packing "Remember adventurers the books are yours to keep until the end of the year, I will be collecting and if you lose it or it comes back battered and bruised you have to pay for a new one. Good bye learners" Mrs Klass said.