chap.48

"Hey Jay," Yandisokuhle passed me by on the way to english literature class. "Wait, Yandisokuhle." I shut my locker and run up to her. "Oh okay, I guess we are walking to class together." she mumbles under her breath. "Yeah, I need to talk to you."

"What about?" we trudge through the crowd and are the first ones to class. "What's up?" she sits on the table and faces me. "So I got multiple texts from a strange number asking about a Sambulo Xulu-" her entire body just freezes and i see the panic in her eyes, hidden by those large glasses. "I-i" she jumps off the table and begins pacing. "Hey, hey, hey, listen I'm sorry. It's- just forget it. It's okay. It's probably nothing-" she begins hyperventilating and my panic sky rockets so I do the first thing that comes to mind...

"WHAT THE FUCK!!!!" Nelisiwe and Ntando along with the rest of the class walk in on us. "Nelly I can explain." I try to let go of Yandisokuhle who's still clutching on me tightly and crying. Nelly walks out and Ntando just walks to his chair and sits down. Mrs Klass claps her hands and everyone shuffles to their seats. She comes to kneel down in front of Yandisokuhle and I. 

"Pearl? Come up now dear. It's okay. Come now." She slowly unclenches her fists and lets go of my jacket. Both her and Mrs Klass walk out and I follow behind them to try and find Nelly. I open my chats and send her a text, I wait a few minutes and she blueticks me. 'Where are you? I want to talk to you...'

"Jason just leave me alone tuu."

'You have to come back to class anyway.' she just blue ticks me again. I turn my phone off and walk back to class, feeling very sad. When I return to class, I find Mrs Klass about to begin with the lesson and Yandisokuhle no where to be found. 15 minutes into the lesson, the door opens and Nelly walks in. I resist the urge to walk up to her. She ignores my eyes and takes her seat. I fail to focus on the lesson throughout. 

The bell rings and I dash off to my next class. Break time comes up and we all gather up in our own lunchroo. Te cooks prepared a fancy meal consisting of buffalo wings and some ribs and fries. There were salads and non-alcoholic beverages. "Is this not fancy, I wonder what the ocasion is." Buhlebendalo taunts. "Please sit down everyone, it is my treat." Ntando stands by the door holding a glass of champagne in his hand. 

"This I need to see." She sits down and grabs a glass of champagne. "Come on now guys, sit." Everyone sits down on their designated  seats. "So I decided to make this lunch to thank you guys for your support through everything that's gone on. With this lunch, I'm hoping that we can put our differences aside and work together going forward."

"Ntando whats going on man?" Alec raises the question I'm confident everyone was asking themselves. "Nothing much man, I just thought to spoil my friends."

"I'm loving this." we ate the lunch over light conversation and it seemed to be going great. "Jason, may I speak to you privately?" everyone turned to look at me. "Uh...yeah, sure man." I placed the fork and knife down and followed him out. "What's up man?"

"I remember quite frankly asking you to not get in the way of mine and Yandi's relationship." Just my fucking luck. "Ntando, I've told you before and I will remind you again that I do not like Yandisokuhle. She is your girl and you have made it very clear so why the hell would I got for her?"

"You tell me." He steps forward. "I don't have time for this shit. Get over yourself and your insecurities because they do not look cute." I push him out of my way and walk out. I contemplate between walking out of this school or going to my next class. "I wouldn't do that if i were you." I turn around and its Nelly, "Nelisiwe...."

"Slow your roll white boy. It's Anelisa."

"Oh...do you know where I can find Nelly?"

"Now why would I help you" she folds her arms over her chest. "Because I really like your sister and if she could just let me explain myself, she would understand-"