chap.12

Enjoy :-) double povs

Author 😃

.......................................................
Ntando

"You can turn the radio on or connect your phone. I don't mind" I said 10 quiet minutes into the ride. "Oh no thanks i-uh-i don't ha-have a phone. Kinda the reason why I was absent last week"

"Oh"

I could tell she felt embarrassed. "Well here, take my phone and connect it. The pin is 831001"

"Wow your trusting a stranger with the pin to your phone"

"Well yeah ubonakala ungumntu olungileyo (you seem like a nice person)"

"Your Xhosa ?" She asks somewhat with shock in her words

"Ewe, what doesn't my surname sound Xhosa enough?" I say offended a bit

"No don't think of it like that, I didn't mean to sound offensive, I thought your Zulu but now that I think about it you do have Xhosa tendencies and you look Xhosa."

Xhosa tendencies???

"Wha- Xhosa tendencies? What are those"

"Well....see.....argh I don't know how to explain it but you do"

"Thanks?" I am not sure if its a compliment or not?.

"Your welcome" she says with a smile. So she doesn't realise she insulted me? Wow!

She plays one of my playlists

"*chuckles* Your a One Direction fan?"

Oh shut!

"No, well...that's my sisters' playlist."

"Sure" she says in convinced

"Yesssss. Hey do you mind if we grab a quick bite, I'm kinda hungry."

I thought about how long she must have been waiting out side and how long its been since break. And her stomach grumbled "nope, not at all" she says covering her face.

"Is McDonald's fine?"

"Yep"

She goes quiet. I quickly pull into McD's and buy two burgers with fries and two cokes. I pay up and take my order. I hand her, her food and drive to the parking. I turn the car off and pull out my food and dig in. No less than 20 minutes layer we are done and she gets out of the car.

As I'm about to ask her what she's doing, she grabs our trash and goes to throw it in the bin. She comes back in the car and takes some wipes out of her bag and wipes where we'd placed the food while eating and she wipes her hands. She gives me one and I wipe my hands and put it in a cup holder.

I start the car again and off we go. "Where do you live?" I ask. She takes my phone and opens it, goes to Google maps and puts her address in and I drive to it. 30 minutes later we arrived at a black gate with a long driveway behind it.

It is a double or maybe a triple story house. "Thank you so much for the ride and food."

"Anytime I enjoyed your company"

"So did I" I leaned in slowly

"*clears throat* Uhm. I should get going."

"Uhm yeah right *clears throat*"

She got out and grabbed her bag "Bye" she closes the door. I waited for her to enter the gate before I drove off.

*****************************************