chap.30

Yandise-okuhle

When I woke up, it was time for school, day two of wearing the school colours. I chose a blue checkered skirt, a white crop vest and a white crisp shirt over it. I took a quick shower and applied my lotion. When I finished getting dressed, I checked my phone for any messages from anyone. 

When I saw none, I threw my phone in my bag and I wore my knee length  white Nike socks and matched them with my Black Nike shoes. I wore minimal jewelry consisting of a heart necklace and I matching bracelet and a pair of gold heart earrings.

I grabbed my bag and walked downstairs. I grabbed a muffin from the table and greeted everyone. When I walked in the direction of the livingroom, Baba called out to me. "Yebo Baba? (Yes Dad?)"

"Uyaphi? (Where are you going?)"

"Living room. " I say, taking a bite out of my muffin.

"Why?"

"I don't want your precious son to say I've stolen something else from him." I look to Siyabonga, giving him the side eye. "Don't start Yandise-okuhle. " Sandile says

"Start what exactly Sandile? Start telling the truth? Okay fine." I walk to the living room and sit on the couch, making sure I dont slouch and crease my shirt. When j finished my muffin, I got up and took a bottle of water from the fridge, an Easter egg, an apple and a packet of sweets.

"I'm off." I called out as I walked out of the door.  I had already requested an Uber which parked infront of the gate in no less than five minutes. I hopped in and went to school.  Deciding that I'd arrived early, I walked to the gym and found the cheerleaders practicing.

"What the hell do you want here?"

"Yeah, you are trespassing!" A second girl said before the captain walked up to me. "Girls, girls, girls. This is not how we treat fans. I am so sorry, please, come sit and watch." She smiled but it was as fake as some people's asses. "Oh no, I thought it would be empty" I say

"That's why we don't thought! Because it's stupid" the second girl screeched.  "Mmmm right" I nod before turning to walk out. I walked until the final warning bell rang. When I walked back to the entrance of the school, I found Anande walking suspiciously slowly to class.

I rushed to him and jumped on him. "Shit" he hissed, scrunching in pain. "I'm so sorry! Oh my word! Are you okay?" I tried touching him. "Don't...damn, I'm fine" he winced again and only then did I realise the bruise on his jaw which u reached out to touch but he moved his face.

"Anande-"

"I'm fine" he gently pushed me out of the way before limping into the school. I could only follow behind him as question after question flooded my mind. I hadn't even noticed that I was standing infront of my homeroom until the door opened and I walked in.

The day went as a blur, mainly because I couldn't stop thinking about Anande's state. Finally it was lunch time and I knew which class he was in. I walked to his class before the bell rang, having asked my teacher for an early pass so that I could get to his class before everyone piled the halls.

When the bell rang I stood to the side as students filled the halls conversation while others just stood and others went to their lockers. I waited for the class to leave and when I didn't see Anande walk out, I stepped inside and found him asleep with his head on the desk.

The teacher walked out, focusing mostly on his phone. I heard a click from the door and rushed to it. I banged on the door but it seemed like no one heard me, no one except the sleeping figure. "Shut the fuck up!" He said, his voice rasped out.

"Anande,"

"Yandise-okuhle? What the hell are you doing here?" I walked forward, suddenly feeling nervous. "I uh, you...uhm" I couldn't seem to form a coherent sentence.

"Intoni? (What?)" When I didn't answer, he let out a sigh and placed his head on his arms on the table and tried to relax. Tried being the key word because as soon as he released a breath, he winced. "Are you okay?!" I rushed to him.

When I took ahold of his arm, he winced and pushed me off making me bump into into desk behind. I let out a cry of pain as my back ached terribly and it felt like my spine got paralyzed.  He stood up but winced, yet he continued to me and helped me up. He carried me in his arms.

"Ntando!" I squeaked, not being used to being carried by him. He grunted and placed me on the teachers table. "Uright?" He asks me

"Lowo mbuzo kumele kube yimi obuza wena  njalo.  (I should be asking you that question)" he tried to smile but instead showed a grimace. We sat like that in silence, me on the desk and him caging me in with both arms on my sides and his body between my legs.

He leans in for a kiss and I panicked and moved my face to the side. He let out a chuckle but it wasn't full. "I-im sorry...i-i-i-argggg!!!! You c-conf-fussssee me!" I guess my stutter is back! He kisses  my cheek. "Cute" he says.

I looked away to hide my blush. He moved to stand straight and winced again. "Okay j-just tell m-m-me w-wh-what h-h-h-happen-edd...please?" I whisper the last part. He removes his glasses and I gasp. "Anande" I whisper as my heart breaks.

"W-h-ha-at happened?" He makes a move to leave but I wrapped my legs around his waist.  "T-talk to me" I take hold of his hands as his eyes tear up. "uTata" he says before breaking down I my arms. I pull him and and tighten my arms around his shaking body. I can't help but let out a few tears myself.

"W-wh-wha...we sh-shh-ould report hi-h-im. He...he...he c-cannot get away with this" I say as he tightens his hold on me. He shakes his head from the crook of my neck. "It will only make things worse for me. I've already tried"

"But...we can't just let him get away!" My fury gets in the way of my stutter. "Let it go Nonzwakazi"

"I-" he removes his face from my neck and stairs at me with those mesmerizing eyes of his. "Fine" I sigh out. I pull him in this time, being gentle not to hurt him. Our lips meet in a soft kiss and we just sit like that...almost as if trying to make sure that this is real.

After a few seconds, he pulls me to his warm body and our fronts meet. I let our a gasp and he takes advantage. His tongue roams all corners of my mouth, tasting every bit  I have to offer. He leads me deeper into the kiss as his wandering hands roam my needy body. He picks me up once more and I lock my legs around his waist so that I don't fall.

His lips move to my neck, leaving licks, bites and butterfly kisses as a trail. He bites a specific spot that has me moaning out loud. It seems like we are both stunned by this because he stops kissing me. I take this chance to tap his shoulder, a silent gesture for him to put me down.

Once I'm secured on the ground and my knees regain their strength, he pulls me into his hard chest. I hear his heart beating ever so fast and it brings a sense of calm to me. The bell rings and we walk to the door. Just before we leave, he pulls me in for another mind blowing kiss.

He presses something and the door automatically unlocks, he pulls and motions for me to exit. He follows suit. Just as I turn to walk to the next floor, he pulls my hand. "Yeah?"

"Let's leave."

"What?"

"Come on." He tugs at my hand. Before I protest, I find myself following him out of the school grounds and into his car. He reverses and drives away from the school.