chap. 59

Ntando

As soon as Yandisokuhle and her family left, I walked upstairs to my room to sleep. I know uTata would want something from me but I just had to escape. I couldn't hold it in any longer. She knows what she does to me and then she pushes me away like I'm nothing.

I know I'm no good guy but I'm human at the end of the day. I try not to be because in the world I live in, you either rule or be ruled. It's not easy having to balance life, being a teenaged, a prince and your heart all together.

I don't think I owe her an explanation. She's the one who pushed me away and I'm only pushing back.

I took my clothes off and opened the shower. The water hit my bare skin and I couldn't feel anything. I didn't want to feel anything. It hurt to think.

Narrator

Ntando staggered out of the shower and walked haphazardly to bed. He couldn't be bothered to even wipe himself dry, he picked out the sweat pants on the bed and wore them. His mind was tired and he knew he would collapse soon if not now.

He could feel it. The tears flowed freely from his eyes, unbound. With every breath he took, he found it harder and harder to breath. His knees gave up on him and clashed with the tiled ground harshly.

The pain was a mear sting in his mind. His heart was pumping blood unevenly which brought about a lack of oxygen to his brain. He could feel the blackout approaching and nothing, absolutely nothing terrified him as much as the feeling of floating in an abyss of nothingness.

The after effect was much worse. The door opened slowly, his sister stepped into the room to check-in on him. Prior to the dinner a well as during the dinner, she could tell that he was not okay.

The sight she was greeted with brought about a scream from deep within. She ran to her brother who was clawing at his chest painfully.

She pulled his hands off and wrapped her arms around him to give him comfort but that only seemed to increase his panic. He tried to push her away but the panic set in his mind made his body do one thing while he wanted to achieve another.

"Mama! Tata!" She called out and their parents quickly rushed to the room. "Why are you making such a noise at night Princess?" Queen Luthando let out a gasp and rushed to her children.

"What happened here? Ntando? Boy-"

"Leave the boy alone Luthando. He's just faking it!" King Somila stood by the door. "Tata he's not. We need to take him to the hospital-"

"No. No hospitals!" He turned around to leave but stopped when he heard a thud. Queen Luthando had caught her son from hurting his head as he fell backwards. "Anande!" The queen was in an awkward position as she tried her best not to break her son's neck.

King Somila came around and picked Ntando up. With the help of the queen, they were able to get Ntando in the car. Ndiphile locked the main door and turned the security up.

She followed behind her parents car as it drove out of the gates. No one asked what was going on but a third car left the Majola home, heading to the hospital. Upon arrival, the hospital staff was waiting for the Majola family.

As soon as the car stopped in front of them, they opened the doors and got Ntando on the gurney. Luthando felt like her heart was being ripped apart. Her son, her only son was being taken away from her and she couldn't do anything about it.

"Kumkanikazi- (Queen Mother-)" She shook her head and followed behind the team. Her husband knew not to force. If there's one thing that this couple sure knew how to do, is love each other effortlessly and fully. Unfortunately, their love was limited to one another.