chap. 63

Narrator

It had been over a month since Ntando was discharged from hospital. As soon as Ndiphile was stable, her parents shipped her off to Umhlab'uyadibana to get treated by the specialists there. So says the parents. Ntando had been coping, thanks to Yandisokuhle who was with him from the beginning. Of course for her to even find out was because she caught Ntando, who was sniffing coke, in The Elite's Lunchroom.

He broke down in front of her and spilled his current family secrets. "You could die Anande!" She became hysterical as she noticed his nonchalance to the situation, this was of course before his breakdown. From that day forth, Yandisokuhle spent more and more time with Anande. The whole school soon caught up on this and rumour was that the two are dating but it didn't bother the pair.

This was a typical morning for Yandisokuhle, she was in her Accounting class, right before the lunch break where she would, once again, meet with Ntando in the library. Her body was buzzing with excitement.

Every day brought something new. When the bell rang, she was the first one out of the door. She ran down the soon to be loud with chatter hallways to the room where she and Ntando chose to meet at. It was the halfway point from their classes and the funny part is that it was also halfway to the library. When she arrived, she found Ntando already waiting for her. 

"Hi..." She seemed to always be breathless around him. Or, maybe, this time around, it had been because she had ran to the particular classroom. "Hello beautiful." She felt her insides melting. He took her hand in his, bent down to kiss it while staring right into her eyes, which for her, felt like he was staring into her soul. She shut her eyes while a soft smile slowly filled her face, making her look more and more gorgeous to him. 

"Shall we?" she nodded, feeling speechless from his actions. He took her hand into his, his grip tight yet comforting. They began the short walk to the library. Eyes on end stared and whispers filled the hallways as the two walk..."Do you thin they'll get tired of doing this?" Her grip tightened on his hand. He looked down to her, gave her a smile small enough for only her eyes to see. "I don't care for their eyes. Mine are only on yours."

That calmed her racing heart. They got to the library and something felt different. Perhaps the air conditioners had been turned on much later or maybe they were turned off? They walked to their spot and only then did Yandisokuhle realise why it felt off. The Elite had been in their spot. As soon as they saw the bunch sitting in their sacred space, Ntando felt annoyance creep up his veins. Yandisokuhle on the other hand had anxiety rushing through her blood. 

"Oh here come the love birds everyone." Buhlebendalo shouted obnoxiously. "Shhhhhhhhhh, this is a library. We know you are unfamiliar with the place but that don't mean you should make it so obvious." Alex rolled his eyes in annoyance. Buhlebendalo sat down before flipping Alex the finger. "What are you guys doing here?" Ntando still hadn't approached the squad, him and Yandisokuhle were still standing. "We missed you man. You barely spend time with us." Nelson spoke staring directly into Yandisokuhle's eyes.

She shifted uncomfortably. "That's because my priorities have shifted." He shrugged in annoyance. "Right..." Alex cleared his throat. "Right, well man, why don't you get the lady a chair. Lunch is  long and it wouldn't be right for Yandi to spend it standing. Ntando pulled a chair from the nearest study table, sat down and pulled Yandi onto his lap. You could practically feel every one's eyes pop open. Ntando had never been one to openly express his emotions so the fact that he had willingly done so was a shock to The  Elite.