chap.36

After the whole incident,  I went home with a crutch so that I could walk properly. The doctor helped me walk with it and I'd have to learn to write with my left hand now because my right hand is the one with the cut.

It's 6am and I'm already ready for school. Because of my injuries, wearing complex clothes, as said by MaZulu, is a no no, I'm wearing a baby blue thigh high dress with white tights and a slipper on one foot and my Allstars converse on the other.

She paited6the dress with a Jean jacket and tied my hair into a high bun. All in all, I look like a primary school child and not a high schooler. I had my bag with me and the new Mac book Baba insisted on getting for me. "Okay, here is breakfast Nana" MaZulu placed the tray on my lap.

"Ma I'm fine really." She just gave me a look. "Thank you mommy. " I say smiling. "You are welcome my love."

I grab the spoon and dig into my oats. I drink the orange juice and decide to drink my pain medication there and then. "Okay baby, let's get you some water so you drink your medication." I smile at her. She brings me the warm water and I pretend to take the pills. I drink the warm water and give the the cup with a smile.

"Ready to go?" Baba asks me, "Yebo Baba. Where's Bhut'Ntsika?"

"He left early. Had a meeting at six. Baba reply vaguely.

"Oh...okay." i grab my bag and try to stand. "Daddy I'm fine" I say when he picks me up. "A little help never killed any one."

"Thanks Baba." I say. We walk to the car that was parked by the door. "So who's fetching me today?"

"I am." I nod. When I get to school, it's still early so I walk to the library. "Morning Ms Charlotte." I greet the librarian.  "Oh dear child, what happened."

"Norhing much. I fell on glass." I shrug my shoulders before moving to the back. I see a figure sitting by the window bar where I normally sit. "Morning " I greet the person respectfully before I drop my bag and turn to look for a novel.

"Yandi?" I know that voice from anywhere and it doesn't help that i get heart palpitations at the thought of seeing him. "Ntando" I don't turn around. My fingers brush the covers of the books. Due to my accident and this crutch, I had to walk slowly and stand with half my weight on my right foot.

"What happened?" I could smell his cologne.  "Nothing bad. I just stepped in glass." I shrug but deep down, I wanted to squeal. "Are you okay?" His hand came around my waist and landed on my belly button. I could feel the butterflies fluttering in my throat.

I clear my throat while shaking my head to clear it of all unholy thoughts. "Ntando..."

"Mmmm" the rumbles from his chest made me shiver. I find myself deep in his chest. I was basically leaning on him. I heard someone clear their throat and I opened my eyes and scrambled to step away from him.

When I turned, I saw Jason walking away. "Jason!" I embarrassingly shout for him. Heads turn and I feel more embarasment fill me. "I've never heard you call out for me like that. You wound me."

"You'll live." I roll my eyes at his words and grab my crutch properly. I head back to the window couch and settle down. "I thought we were having a moment."

"You thought wrong." I roll my eyes again. He settles besides me and picks my leg up. "Wha-" he places my leg on his lap and draws lines with his finger. I hold down a shiver as I try to calm my heart. "This is unethical." I say, trying to move my leg. He gips my thigh and I freeze.

"Ntando..." his hand inches high and higher into my dress. Mentally, I'm panicking but also screaming at MaZulu's choice of clothes for me. His hand stops right at the middle of my thigh. I've stopped breathing. 

My eyes frantically look around, trying to see if there's anyone in sight. When I didn't see anyone, I think my panic increased because his hand slowly inched higher and higher. "Haai bho!" I heard Nelisiwe exclaim.

Ntando looked nonchalant. "Niyenzani! (What are you two doing!)"

"Argh uyanxola Nelisiwe. (Argh you are making a noise Nelisiwe.)" Ntando slowly removed his hand from under my dress. "You two are giving us trauma. Do you know why there's no one here?"

"I don't want to know. I'm going." I grab my crutch and move to stand. "Ha-a uyaphi? Hlala! Chini! (Oh no where do you think you're going? Sit down! My goodness!)" I covered my face.

"This is a kidnapping." I say as a form of escaping. "No it isn't. I'm saving you from making your biggest mistake. Iza. Siyahamba. We are already late!" She grabs my bag.

"What did you mean when you said you're saving me from making my biggest mistake?" We are now in the halls, walking to class.

"I don't know how long I will tell you until you actually listen to me. Stay away from Ntando Majola. He is not good for you."

"You don't know him!" I shout. She stops immediately, stares at me intently and sighs. "Wow. And just like that, I've lost my friend to Ntando. Again." She continues walking forward. "What do you mean again?" She ignored me. "Nelly..." she entered the class but held the door open for me.

"Thanks." She continued to ignore me. Once I was seated, she placed my bag down beside me and looked to the side. "Nelisiwe please..." I reached over to touch her but she flinched off. "Oh," someone snickered from behind me. I turned round and found those twins from days before.

"You are going down" they mouthed simultaneously, motioning their finger as if it were a knife to their throat. I turned around, slumped in my chair and wished for the day to be over.

Note:
New book out.
Read it.
Vote on it.
Comment on it.
Enjoy it.

What A Night!

After nearly half a year of not seeing one another, these friends finally have a weekend where they all are free. What could go wrong?

And also,
My Instagram account;
I just created it...
https://instagram.com/un_art_hii.dail?igshid=MzNlNGNkZWQ4Mg==