chap.67

Ntsika gave up trying to know what's happening and we were sitting in silence. Just as Sandile was about to leave uBaba came back and I immediately tensed up, he walked towards mom and I still on the floor "baba I'm truly sorry" I whisper but he ignores me and picks mom up bridal style and exits my room once more.

"Well imma call it a night" Sandile says breaking the silence. I sniff and try to stand up but my body's in too much pain and I feel weak so I fall, closing my eyes bracing for the fall. I silently wished to fall on my stomach, waking up on my bed, all of this being a nightmare. But I don't feel the fall, Ntsika held me before I could fall and he carries me up bed.

After tucking me in he turns to leave "please stay bhuti" I feel the snot slipping out mu nose so i sniffle, feeling the pain overpowering me. He sighs then turns and walks to the other side if the bed. Getting in he scoots closer and holds me in a spooning position and I open the flood gates.
He doesn't ask at all, just holds me till I fall asleep.

########################3

Next morning

My blankets get pulled off and just as I'm about to whine I quickly wake up and see father standing there with an unreadable expression on his face "get ready we're leaving" he says leaving no room for discussion.

I quickly walk to my bathroom and get started on my hygiene process. After finishing I do my facial care and because of the hits I received last night, my body is in pain but not that much so I took longer. Walking back to my bedroom I start lotioning up with my cookies n cream body butter. Walking to my closet I wear pink lace undergarments and I stare at all the changes my body's gotten.

Wider hips, bit bigger ass and fuller boobs. Maybe I'm hallucinating or panicking but it seems like you can see if you look closer that my belly is a bit big. Shit! Imma be a parent at 18 probably, by my calculations I should be 3 weeks and 5 days and it's July which means I'll probably give birth in May next year.

I chose to wear comfortably so a white vest a cardigan and white sweats plus sneakers were my choice. After spritzing my Oh So Heavenly mixed berries perfume on I grabbed a small bag and put my phone, ear pods, power bank and charger, gum and hand sanitizer in I walked out the door locking it behind me and walked downstairs.

Once I got down I walked to the kitchen but not before greeting the family since I couldn't just pass them because to get to the kitchen you've got to pass the dining room. I'm not really hungry so I packed a bottle of water, some sour worms and a packet of lays then walked back to the dining room and joined the fam

"Finally sis what were you doing up there" asks Nkosinathi and before I can even respond father says "probably searching for abortion pills but not to worry Yandise-okuhle you'll have a safe one at the hospital today" I immediately stopped the spoon halfway to my mouth and put it back in the bowl "have one what father" my voice sharp I asked

"An abortion" he answers as if it's the most casual thing to say. "Haai baba ukubulala lokho. Awuzuthola abortion wena Pearl (no my husband that's killing. Your not having any abortions Pearl)" mother says "vele bengingeke ngiyenze ma (I wasn't going to anyway mother)" I reply

"Mmm yizwa nje ukuthi lo mfana nyana wakho ukufakele imikhuba yakhe, usuya thethisa manje wena Yandise-okuhle angithi umdala manje wena usufuna ingane, umdala manje uyajola uyafeba nxa (mmm listen to that, this boy of yours has tainted you with his dirt, you now talk back Yandise-okuhle isn't it your grown now, you want kids now, your grown and dating and hoeing around nxa)" he stands up and walks out angrily. Mother follows behind him I'm guessing to calm him down and stuff.

"I've lost my appetite" I say and stand up walking towards the sliding doors leading to the back yard. "What's dad talking about Kaysie" Ntsika asks "Yea sis what abortion, are you pregnant" Nkosi follows with the questioning both stopping me in my tracks. "Can we talk about this later guys, and yes I think I'm pregnant" I say tiredly whispering the word 'pregnant'. I hear a chair scraping the tile and Ntsika storms outta the room but not before saying "I'm so disappointed in you Yandise-okuhke" I immediately reply, "Gee thanks bhuti, its soooo not enough coming from my parents you can add on to it too" sarcastically.

Walking out the sliding doors I hear foot steps and quickly wipe off the fallen tears off of my face "You know he doesn't mean it Kuhle...right ?" says Sandile, "how sure are you bhuti ?" I ask him

He keeps quiet and I take that as my answer, walking out I take a deep breath but release it bit by bit because I know Once I release it at once the water works will begin. I walk around to the west side of the house where mom's garden is. It has all kinds of plants, it's got roses, violets, poppies, peonies, sunflowers etc but my favourite are the dandelions

I walk around the flower beds touching the roses and sunflowers, then I sit down by the dandelions and I pick one out. Slowly blowing on it I let a few tears fall from my eyes. Just sitting listening to the peace I think about how I'm going to go through all of this. How I'll tell Anande, how he'll react. Having to tell his parents, having our families meet for the damages to get paid. If I'll actually go to UCT and study criminal law, how I'll do it with a child

Just thinking about my next moves and how my life permanently changes from now. After about 15 minutes I decide to stand up...

"Yaya....yaya...yaya ukuphi...yaya...yay-" I hear one of the twins calling for me. When I turn around I can see it's Sibonga. "uBaba uthi usheshise ufuna ukuhamba abuye ngoba umsebenzi wakhe mningi. Sisi? (Dad says to hurry up because he wants to leave and come back quick because his work is a lot. Sis?)"

"Hmm" I reply still in thought  "oh ngiyeza (Oh I'm coming)" I stand and wipe myself. We walk side to side back to the house "Sheshisa okuhle ubabwakho is inpatient (hurry up okuhle your father's impatient)" mom says walking towards me with my bag in hand. "Oh okay" say taking my bag from her, we walked out but not before she said "boys take care of my house please" a chorus of 'yes ma'am' was heard.

We walked towards the range rover evoke and dad opened the door for mom, she got in and they kissed. Normally I'd comment on their pda but today I kept quiet. He walked to the other side and got in. "Everyone settled in?" he asks "yebo baba" I whisper "yes my love" mom said.

And off we went.

.