chap.45

When my alarm rang, I got up and got to the gym for my workout, thereafter, I made my siblings breakfast and took off to the basketball court in the estate, it was actually a country club with  large acres of land that were occupied by a golf course, basketball court, swimming pool and a soccer field.

I ordered their famous smoothie and walked off to the court. I spent about two hours just shooting hoops. Before I left, I bought a burger and some fries with lemon water. I ran back home to find the house empty.

Knowing that my parent were at work or somewhere pretending to be a happy couple, I took advantage of the quiet house and walked up stairs to take a cold shower and a nap. The gala or ball was taking place tonight and to pretend to be happy would require a lot of energy. 

When I woke up, it was at around late afternoon. I took a cold shower and began wearing my suit. It was tailor made, all thanks to 'Father of the year.' I spent my afternoon preparing and helping my sisters.

At around four twenty pm, I walked downstairs with my sisters infront of me. As soon as I got to the last step, dad's eyes went straight to my feet. "What are those?" I shrug my shoulders and walk towards the kitchen.

"Shoes."

"Get yourself back here Boy!" I turn around. "Yes?"

"Where are the shoes I ordered for you?"

"Somewhere in my closet." His face turned red. "Why!" He spat venomously. "I didn't feel like wearing them." I shrug again. He seems to want to hit me but mom holds him back.

"We are going to be late." She holds onto his arm tightly. "Come on Xavier." They walk out and my sisters follow behind them. I'm the last one out of the house. I open the door for my sisters.

"Thank you Jay." I give them a smile and hop in. "I'm going to be late now."

"The more you talk is the later we will be." I say from off the top of my head. He turns around and misses my cheek by a second. He is fuming, looking all shades of red on his face. "Jy's kak Jason. (You are shit Jason.)"

"Ek is my pa se kind. (I am my father's child.)" He immediately turns back to the front, starts the car, and speeds off. My phone vibrates from my pocket.

When I read the message, I look at Samather. "You don't have to be so rude Jay-jay. He's still our father."

"What? You can't be serious."

She sighs outwardly.  "And what about Jayla? What exactly is it that you're teaching

I shut my phone off and chose to look out the window as we drove to the Hamilton Hotel. "Let's go." We exit the car and I hold onto Jayla's hand as Sam comes to soon left and slings her arm through mine.

Her words kept coming to mind and I could barely focus on the fundraiser. "Hey, Jay." I look to her, "Yes?" She motions for me to look at the back. I see Nelly walking towards the hallway.

"Excuse me." I stand up from the table and walk in her direction. "Nelisiwe?"

"You followed me in here Sir?" She took slow, sultry steps towards me. "N-no.  I..." shaking her head slowly, she trailed her fingers up my arm to my palpating heart. "Shhh..." her arms encircled my neck and she thrusts her body flush onto mine.

"Nelly..." soft, sweet lips touched mine. My arms came around her slim waist. The kiss felt like heaven on a cloud. I could stay here forever. I pulled away when I heard approaching footsteps.

"Jason, Wie is sy? (Who is she?)" My mother looked like the epitome of a housewife. "Niemand . Wat soek jy? (No one. What do you want?)"

Her eyes lingered on Nelly, sizing her up. "Ons gaan. (We are leaving.)"

"Okay. I'll be there in a bit." She turns around curtly and walks off. I turn around and find that Nelisiwe has walked away. Feeling defeated, I walk in the direction of my mother. "Watch where you are going idiot." I hold the giggling girl in my arms.

"Yandisokuhle?"

"Ohh Handsome Jay. You've got good arm strength." I smell the bourbon on her breath. "Are you drunk?" She giggles once more and holds me firmly on my chest. "You are packing!" She belches, giggles and then looks panicked.

Without another word, she covers her mouth and I know whats going to happen. I pick her up and rush out the entrance, ignoring the eyes that glare. I get her to a bush just in time for her to push me off and throw up in the bush.

"Oh God." She wipes her mouth with her hand and stands on shaky legs. "Im-i-i...argh! I'm s-s-so- ry." She looks away in shame. I turn around as well so as if to give her privacy. I hear little sniffles but go against turning to comfort her.

"Yandisokuhle?" Ntando's voice calls out. "Over here." I call back to him. In a flash, he stands before me but quickly focuses on the figure that's hunched over. "Are you okay?" I take that as my que to walk away. "Jason! I've been calling you."

"Sorry. Where's everyone else?"

"Waiting in the car. Come on."

Yandi

*earlier*

I decided to go to the bathroom to check my makeup. I was just about to walk out when the door opened and someone entered. "Great party out there. Really, boring." My heart dropped a fee beats. "Amile." Her name feels bitter on my tongue.

"I see you haven't changed much." She sizes me up, trying to belittle me. "Oh? It seems like your still as shallow as you family." She flinched at the last word.

She falters for a bit before composing herself. "What did you do with my brother?" She steps up to me and I see the silver metal under her left palm. "Uh-uh-uh. I wouldn't do that if I were you. Unless you want to end up like your brother. He's probably dead in a ditch somewhere."

"Arghh!!!" She raises her arm a aims for my neck. I cover myself as much as I can while trying to grab the knife. We wrestle around for the knife. "What did you do to my brother you bitch!"

"What needed to be done a long time ago!!" I pulled on her hair which made her loosen her grip on the knife. Using that to my advantage, I threw the knife somewhere across the floor.

"You bitch!" She slaps me across my face, bursting my lip. "Whore-" I feel someone pulling me back from Amile. "Let me go!" I scream at the person but their hold tightens.

"Calm down!" I instantly stilled.  "N-ntando?" I recognize that Sandile has amile by the arm and he's dragging her out. "Are you okay?" His voice is filled with genuine concern and it nearly makes me laugh. I choose to instead shove him off. "I'm fine. What the hell do you want?" He stares at me through the mirror and I notice the difference in appearances.

He stands tall, calm and collected and handsome. Me on the hand? My hair seems to be loose and my face looks like a mess. I grab some tissue paper, dab a bit of water on it and begin wiping my face. I do this quietly as he stares at me.

"Who was that girl?" I glare up at him. "Don't worry yourself about her." He hums but says nothing. I fix my hair into a bun and let some pieces cascade down the sides of my face. I grab some lip ice from my bag and apply it on my lips.

I turn around to wakk out but his hand grabs mine. "Act like a lady." He holds my hand tightly in his larger one and tightens his grip everytime I try to take my hand out. We walk back into the dining room and Sandile is sitting at our table like nothing happened.

"Are you okay sisi?" I nod my head at my mother who looks a bit concerned. Ntando bows slightly before walking off, leaving me with my concerned family.

Did ya miss me? 😊😊