Chapter 45: Rata De Dos Patas

Rata de dos patas = Two-legged rat (Great words from the legend Paquita la del Barrio) 

Hehe...

-

-

Reseda Strip Mall

Selena pulls into a parking space in front of Cobra Kai. She grabs her phone and texts Miguel that she's outside before going on Twitter to pass the time. Two minutes later, Miguel texts her back to let her know that he's coming. She looks up from her phone and peers through the window, seeing the dojo's door open. Miguel steps outside, immediately spotting the girl's burgundy car. Selena rolls her window down and sends him a smile. "Hey, Miguelito," she playfully calls out. The boy chuckles at what she called him and makes a beeline to her. "Hey... Selenita?" he uncertainly returns. The girl shrugs. "I'll allow it this once," she replies.

Miguel lightheartedly rolls his eyes as he walks around to the other side of the vehicle. As he does this, Tory and Aisha exit the dojo with smiling faces. The blonde spots Miguel getting into the car and peeks through the open window, recognizing the dark-haired girl in the driver's seat. Her smile gradually fades when she watches Miguel grin from ear to ear as the two chat. "Hey," she pipes up, slapping Aisha's arm with the back of her hand. "Isn't that Selena?" she asks. Aisha follows her line of sight, seeing her two friends in the car. "Oh, yeah, it is!" she responds, grinning upon seeing her friend.

"I didn't know they knew each other. Are they dating?" Tory questions, trying to sound casual. Aisha lightly scoffs, amused by the question. This baffles the blonde. "You would think, but no. Surprisingly, no," the girl with glasses answers. She lightly shakes her head as she observes the pair. She knows they like each other, it's easy to see. She understands that Selena is scared after getting cheated on but she hopes that she and Miguel will get together eventually. A hint of jealousy sparks in Tory's chest upon hearing this. Surprisingly? She wonders. Aisha walks forward and yells, "Sel!" The girl turns her head, seeing her friend waving at her and Tory standing a short distance behind her.

Selena feels a bit uncomfortable when her eyes land on Tory, who also seems uncomfortable. She waves at Aisha before telling Miguel, "I'll be back" and climbing out of the car. She approaches her friend and gives her a hug. When they pull away, she glances at Tory, sending her a small grin. "Hey," she addresses her. Tory just gazes back. "Hey," she responds. Selena feels awkward around her because of the beach club incident but she doesn't want any bad blood. 

She slowly walks toward the blonde, who remains still as she watches the girl approach, wondering what her intentions are. "Uh, look, I just... want to say sorry for what happened at the beach club. Sam shouldn't have accused you of stealing her mom's wallet like that. I promise, she's not usually like that. I guess she was just feeling a little... sensitive that day?" she expresses.

Tory lightly nods as she listens. She has nothing against Selena since she's not the one who sparked the conflict. However, she's still angry at Sam and has decided that she does not like her. "Thanks... And thanks for trying to stop her," she responds. She saw how Selena tried to get Sam to walk away and appreciates that she didn't accuse her of robbery. Selena nods. "Yeah, well, she acted out of line... She's sorry too, by the way. Just thought you should know that," she mentions. She notices Tory's face go a bit sour when she says this. She must still be mad at her, she thinks. The blonde only nods in response. Yeah, right, she thinks.

She truly doesn't care if Sam's sorry or not, she doesn't like her either way. "Okay, well... I gotta go now but I'll see you around," Selena pipes up, smiling kindly. Tory sends her a small grin. "Yeah, sure," she replies. Selena nods and bids goodbye to Aisha before getting back into her car. Miguel gives her a quizzical look, wondering how she knows Tory. "What was that about?" he asks.