Chapter 75: Faith Goes a Long Way

So, I do have my Rosaniel playlist on my Spotify! They're songs that remind me of them (young or older) and I even included the ones some people mentioned on here! It's a pretty romantic playlist if you're into that haha.

Okayyy, onto the chapter! ☺️

-

-

LaRusso Auto Group

"Robby. Hi, I'm so glad I got you," Daniel speaks into the phone. The line suddenly clicks. "Robby... R..." the man trails off, realizing that Robby hung up. He lowers the phone from his ear and sighs, a disheartened expression on his face. Rosalía comes up behind him and soothingly rubs his back. She's tried calling the boy as well but he kept hanging up on her too, thinking she was going to put Daniel on the phone. She's unaware of his reasoning, nevertheless, and thinks he's probably mad at her too. She needs to clear things up with him.

"He still won't take my calls. You were right. He thinks I betrayed him," Daniel pipes up as he shoves his phone into his pants pocket. "Yeah... but you helped him, whether he sees it that way or not. He would've gotten a much harsher sentence if you hadn't... I would've done it differently but," the woman claims, shrugging at the end. "You still did help," she concludes. Her husband sighs sharply at her last comment, sending her a pointed look. "I should've called you first. Maybe if we did it your way, he wouldn't hate me as much," he expresses.

Rosalía gives him a sympathetic look. "He's a teenager, so of course he feels that way. But I doubt he'll hate you forever. People have a way of coming around. Remember, he's stubborn but not impossible," she tries to console him, setting a hand on his face. She strokes his skin with her thumb and the man lightly nods. He hopes Robby comes around soon. Rosalía turns her head, spotting Louie with a customer. Her eyes wander past him, seeing Amanda passing by behind him. "Ah, look, a perfect example," Rosalía declares, pointing to the scene.

"No one hated your cousin more than Amanda but she did tell me last time that he's a decent salesman," she depicts. They watch as the blue-eyed woman shrugs and makes an impressed face as she walks by Louie. "The baby birds are out of the nest and now it's time for mama bird to fly. So why don't you get in that car and fly, mamacita? Get in," they hear Louie tell the customer, who grins and gets into the car he's showing her. Rosalía shakes her head and lightly chuckles. "I always found him annoying but yeah, even I admit that he's good at this," she comments.

Daniel lightly chuckles. "Is business getting any better?" he suddenly inquires. "No, sales are still low. I had marketing get rid of everything karate-related because... well, it wouldn't bode well for us after the school fight. Sorry... we just have to focus on sales," his wife responds with apologetic eyes. Daniel exhales heavily as she speaks, disappointed that they have to do this to try to save their business. "The manufacturers are not gonna be happy with our latest numbers," the woman concludes. Her husband sighs and slightly nods.

"But the dance company is still doing alright?" he questions, knowing the answer but still wanting to be certain. "Yeah, we're doing fine... We still have good business but every so often, people come in and once they learn my last name, they bail," Rosalía answers, pressing her lips together. "But the marketing team, Kara, and I are coming up with ways to attract more people so... we're good," she adds. Her husband nods, happy to hear that. He doesn't want their dream of expanding the dance franchise to be put on hold.

"LaRussos!"

The couple turns their heads, seeing Tom Cole walking toward them with Anoush behind him. The short pale man chuckles in satisfaction as he approaches. Daniel glances at his wife with furrowed eyebrows. "Tom Cole. What the hell is he doing here?" he asks. "A chingar. Pa' que más? [To bother us. For what else?]" Rosalía sarcastically responds, eyeing Tom nastily. Tom sighs contently, his eyes landing on the coffee machine to the side. "Oh! I see you got a Keurig. Should've sprung for the Nespresso. The customers, they line up for it."