Chapter 66: Saved By the Bell

West Valley High School

(Selena's outfit)

Selena stands in front of the school, waiting for her cousin. She receives a text from Sam, informing her that she's here, so she glances up, seeing Louie's car pull up. She sees Louie telling Sam something before the girl gets out of the car and walks up to her cousin. "Hey. Was he lecturing you?" Selena asks. Sam rolls her eyes and nods. "My mom didn't let me drive my own car so he offered to bring me. Is your mom still mad at your dad?" she responds. Selena shakes her head.

"I don't think so. She went off on him on Saturday and brought it up a few times yesterday but I think they're good now," she answers. Sam nods and the two girls start walking toward the building. "I think my dad's still upset with Robby though," Selena mentions, making Sam shake her head. "It's not his fault though. I'm the one who didn't want to go home," she claims as they walk inside. "I'm sure he'll get over it. He loves Robby," Selena tells her. The two chat until they reach Sam's locker. As the blue-eyed girl opens her locker, Robby shows up.

"Excuse me?" he pipes up, making them turn around. "I'm new to this school. Can either of you help me find Miss Santino's class?" he asks, smiling goofily. The two girls smile. Sam's smile gradually fades though as she remembers the trouble she got in. "Hey," she dully greets, looking down. "Oh. It's that bad, huh?" the boy questions. Selena checks the time on her phone. "Oh, I need to get some stuff from my locker. I'll see you guys later," she pipes up. "Okay," the other two respond. Robby grins at her and sticks his hand out.

Selena smirks and slaps her hand into his, doing their handshake. "Bye," she chuckles before sauntering away. She goes into a different hallway and heads to her locker, opening it and getting the book she requires while putting away the items she doesn't need for the first few classes. She closes her locker and is about to walk off when she suddenly sees Miguel approaching. "Hey, Miguelito," she greets, happy to see him. The boy can hear his heart hammering in his ears. "Hey," he returns.

He feels nervous as he stands in front of her, recalling Sam's revelation from Saturday night. Selena notices the way he's staring at her and gives him a quizzical look. "Are you okay?" she asks. The boy snaps out of his daze and nods. "Uh- yeah, yeah, I'm fine," he stammers. "Um, so where'd you go at the party? Did you leave before the cops showed up?" the girl mentions. The boy shakes his head. "No, I was looking for Tory but I couldn't find her so I left when they came," he explains. Selena nods, feeling a small pang in her heart at the mention of Tory.

"Is she okay?" she asks. She doesn't really care about Tory but she wants to be nice. Miguel shrugs. "I don't know. She hasn't answered my texts," he replies, sighing. Selena feels bad when she sees how stressed he looks. "I'm sure she's fine. Maybe she broke her phone?" she suggests, trying to make him feel better. The boy shrugs and shakes his head. "Maybe," he replies. Silence takes over as he just gazes at her. He's super conflicted. He does care about Tory and he's worried about her, but at the same time, he can't stop thinking about what Sam told him.