Chapter 114: Crazy LaRussos

Hey guys, how have y'all been?? I'm alive and well, just booked, busy, and tired LMAO. But I finally got a chance to edit this chapter and publish it, yay!! I hope you guys enjoy it and thank you for bearing with my slow updates <3

-

-

LaRusso Auto Group

Anoush informed Rosalía that Daniel had arrived a few minutes ago and went to the repair shop, so the woman heads that way, excited to see her husband. Employees greet her as she sashays through the shop and she greets them back with a kind smile. She turns a corner, her exhilaration growing upon spotting her husband... with Miguel? She didn't expect his presence but she doesn't mind. She catches a bit of their conversation as she nears. "Just needs a new serpentine belt," Daniel voices as he hovers over the opened hood of the car.

"Yeah," the man loudly whispers as he examines it. "You know, Mr. LaRusso, we really appreciate you fixing this for us," Miguel tells him. Daniel glances up from the vehicle to look at the boy, but a figure in the background catches his eye. At the same time, Miguel hears the sound of heels clicking growing louder so he turns around to see Rosalía approaching. A delighted smile spreads across Daniel's face. "Hey, love," he greets as the woman comes closer. "Hi," she returns as she goes straight to him, pecking his lips.

The woman turns her attention to the teenager. "Hi, Miguel. How are you?" she sweetly acknowledges him. The boy starts to feel nervous again. Oh, now they're both here, he thinks. Spending time alone with both of your partner's parents can be pretty awkward. "I'm good, thanks. How about you?" he politely greets back. Rosalía sends him an inviting smile. "I'm doing good, thank you," she answers. The boy nervously chuckles. Rosalía makes him less nervous than Daniel because he's interacted with her more.

Plus, it's no secret that the LaRusso man despised Cobra Kai and anything that had to do with it. He has to work harder to win him over. With the woman, however, Miguel knows she likes him. His mom told him that Rosalía told her that she thinks his relationship with Selena is cute, which is a relief. On top of that, the boy admires the Salvadoran woman. He still remembers the conversation he had with her about her Van Nuys origins. It's truly inspiring. "You guys are fixing a car together?" Rosalía questions, eyeing the car.

"Mr. LaRusso is fixing my mom's car," the teenager clarifies. "Oh, I'm not gonna do it. But don't worry. I know a great repair guy," Daniel pipes up. His wife grins, already knowing who he's referring to. Miguel, on the other hand, has no clue. "Really? Who?" he naively asks. The older man steps forward with a proud grin and pats the boy's arms. Miguel's smile fades as he realizes Daniel means him. An embarrassed smile forms on his face. "Oh, Mr. LaRusso, I don't know anything about fixing cars," he informs.

"Hey, neither did I when I was your age. Look at me now. I'm the guy with the billboards, right?" Daniel encourages him, stepping away to grab some tools. "When I get done with you, who knows? You might have a few billboards of your own someday," the man continues. "Hm, wouldn't that be something?" Rosalía teases, beaming at the boy. Said boy feels a bit disheartened. "I don't know if they make billboards for guys going to community college," he claims. This captures the woman's interest. "I went to community college," she states.

Miguel stares at her in surprise. "Really?" he questions. "Yup. Los Angeles Valley College. Then I transferred to UCLA. I was a dance major with a business minor," she describes. The boy gapes at her with eyes full of wonder. Hearing this gives him hope. "There's absolutely nothing wrong with community college, despite what a lot of people say. The truth is, it doesn't really matter what school you go to, you're getting the same education and earning the same degree," the woman explains. Miguel listens intently.