Chapter 96: I'm On Your Side

If you don't know how to imagine Xavier, I recommend Jake T. Austin lol (yes, he is Latino). Anyway, let's gooooo...

-

-

West Valley High School

Selena and Miguel swing their connected hands back and forth as they walk through the halls. "Wait, wait, wait... So you really got into Bad Bunny because I said I liked him?" the girl questions, stunned by the information her boyfriend just revealed to her. Miguel nods and chuckles shyly, his face burning up. "Yeah, pretty much," he responds, a little embarrassed. Selena beams, feeling her heart soar. "Aww, that is so–"

"Weird, I know," Miguel interjects, scratching the back of his neck. "No! It's so cute! That's literally so sweet," the girl gushes, lightly giggling. The boy glances at her, a bit surprised yet relieved at the same time. He's glad his girlfriend isn't creeped out by this. "Yeah?" he hopefully asks, grinning sweetly at the girl. "Yeah," Selena chuckles, lightly squeezing his hand. "But you do genuinely like his music, right?" she inquires, hoping he wasn't faking to impress her. "Oh, no, yeah, for sure. I am 100% a Benito stan," Miguel quickly affirms, nodding.

Selena giggles at this. "Good. 'Cause or else I'd have to break up with you," she jokes, shrugging and shifting her gaze away from her boyfriend. Miguel playfully rolls his eyes and shakes his head. "I kind of believe that, actually," he claims, pointing to the Bad Bunny pin on the girl's backpack strap. Selena glances down at it and laughs. "What do you mean??" she asks in a whiny voice. "Girl, come on, you practically worship him," her boyfriend playfully states, making her cackle again. Well, he's not wrong, she thinks.

As the couple walks through a pair of open double doors, Miguel sticks his hand out to her and requests, "Let me see your phone." The girl clicks her tongue and throws her head back. "Oh, my God," she utters, knowing he wants to point out her Bad Bunny phone case. "No, just let me see it," the boy repeats with a small chortle. Selena chuckles along and replies, "stop." However, their laughter dies down when they turn the corner, spotting the Cobra Kais sitting on a bench against the wall. They stop in their tracks when their eyes lock with Hawk's.

The mohawked boy's grin fades upon seeing the couple. He lost them both as friends, first Selena and now Miguel. It feels so strange to be around them. The couple turns to each other, sharing a look before glancing at Hawk again. The tan boy rolls his eyes before lightly tugging on his girlfriend's hand. "Come on," he mumbles as he and Selena continue walking. The girl gives him an empathetic look. "I'm sorry about your friends. About Hawk," she sincerely tells him as they walk through another set of double doors. Miguel purses his lips and shakes his head.

"No, it's fine. I don't wanna be friends with a bunch of assholes anymore," he expresses. Selena sends him an understanding grin. She'd be lying if she said she isn't happy that he's leaving those kids behind. She always knew he was too kind-hearted for them. He's behaved like an asshole before but he's actually nothing like those Cobra Kais. He learned to think for himself and listen to his moral compass. He wasn't as easy to brainwash. "Besides..." Miguel trails off as the two stop in their tracks. "I still have you so it's okay," he claims, grinning timidly.

Selena feels like her stomach is doing gymnastics while her heart goes bidi bidi bom bom. Her eyes light up as a gleeful smile stretches across her face. "Yeah, you do," she softly agrees. Miguel's smile grows as he feels his heart leap. Selena's eyes wander past him and her wide smile instantly drops when she sees Yasmine and Demetri eagerly making out against the wall. "Demetri??" she calls in shock. The blonde girl immediately pulls away from Demetri and spins around, looking like a deer in headlights.

"Hey! Um... We were just, uh..." the lanky boy awkwardly pipes up, pointing between himself and the blonde. Selena and Miguel just watch them with amused grins. I freaking knew it, Selena thinks, a smirk forming on her lips. Demetri blows a raspberry, not knowing what else to say. "Doing... study work," Yasmine finishes for him. "Yup," the pale boy breathes out, nodding. "Ahhh," Selena voices, slowly nodding. "Of human anatomy," she states. Miguel lightly chuckles while Yasmine's eyes widen and Demetri chuckles uncomfortably.