Chapter II

For the past 30 minutes, I've been rolling on my bed, trying to get some rest but the music coming from the compound before ours won't let me.

The time is 11:59pm, almost midnight. Can't they at least have some dignity?

I'm already enjoying my stay here, I will not let some midnight party ruin it.

I mean take a look at the room I and Demilade share. It's thrice the room I and Ejide used to sleep in back in Ogun state.

Here we even have a TV in our room, there's always light (Demilade filled me in).

There's a book shelf by the left corner, although I don't like reading. There's also a reading desk by the right corner and we have a COMPUTER!!

That's not the end, I and Demilade have a queen size bed to ourselves, Thank God Demilade is slim, I get to have the wider portion of the bed.

This is the life.

"Are you nervous about school tomorrow?"

Demilade startles me, another thing I'm grateful about is that we sleep with the lights on.

"Nervous?" I repeat.

"Yes, afraid, scared......" I interrupt her hastily.

"I know what nervous means Demi" I reply rolling my eyes. Thankfully, she can't see that because her back is turned against me.

"Then, are you nervous?, You can't seem to sleep in one position" Demi points out.

"No, I'm not nervous and I can't sleep because of the music coming from the next compound" I say.

First things first, I am NERVOUS, super nervous. It's not really my first time attending their school considering the fact that I attended their summer lesson. I know I shouldn't be nervous but I just can't help it.

Second things second, (if there's anything like that), the people in the other compound hosting the party didn't even hire a good DJ. I mean so far, the music they've been playing are all american songs.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate american songs, I even listen to a few of them like intentions by Justin Bieber, Tootsie slide by....I think that one was by Justin Bieber too.

The songs they've been playing are trap songs, trap songs by people I don't even know.

"Don't worry, you'll be fine. It's not like anyone still remembers you" Demi yells facing me.

Of course they do remember me, I know it was last year August I came for their summer lesson but it still counts, they still remember because I made a name for myself, a name I don't think they'd ever forget.

"Ye-a" I stutter.

"Hey, it's Roddy Rich playing now, oh my God, I am so not screaming" Demilade exclaims jumping from the bed. Oh, she's referring to the song playing from the party, still trap.

"Who would name a song Roddy Rich?" I snap with an irritated look on my face.

"Roddy Rich is a trap artist, you should totally check him out, he's my favorite artist" Demi says shaking her tiny waist to the music. I want to laugh at her ridiculous dance but I don't know if she'll feel bad so I don't.

"Shawty done fell in love with all my diamonds
But everybody change on you like the seasons (yeah)
Sippin' 1942 Don julio"

Demi sings out loud bopping her head to the music.

"Fidel totally gets me" Demi says.

Fidel?

That name sounds so familiar.