Chapter XX

"I want to say a big congratulations to all the students of Real Choice private school. The tests have finally come to an end. Bigger kudos to the students that performed remarkably."

"Our scores have been posted on the notice board so after the assembly everyone can have a good look at it."

"Also, the prefect board and the authorities of the school have come to a conclusion that there will be a field trip next two weeks. Your class teachers will enlighten you more about it but the fee is 30,000 naira, if you're interested please see the Social prefect, Abasiakamauwomo."

"Our midterm break will commence from tomorrow and Friday. Today there will be no classes and before the end of the day everyone will get a personal copy of their result, it will also be sent to each and every one of us emails."

"Thank you and have a wonderful day." Michael, the head boy says. He bows his head at the crowd and walks away majestically with his hands in his pockets. I'll never forget what he did for me. The part where he ganged up with Meekness and posted a picture of I and Murewa together. Thank God that gist has died down.

I don't know which one of the announcements is shocking the most, is it the part where our scores are on the notice board meaning everyone will be able to see it or is it that there will be a field trip and it'll cost 30,000 naira or is it the fact that Abasi's full name sounds like an incantation?

Majority of the students aren't marching into their classes but into the auditorium where they can see their scores, I'm marching towards my class. I'm so nervous about my score, I don't want to check it because I already know I failed, another reason is because the auditorium is probably crowded with tons of students.

The class is almost empty, Devil is sitting at his usual seat with a frown on his face and a pair of Airpods stuck to his both ears. I hiss, I wish the class was empty.

I pace the class, what if I'm last?, What if the school decides to kick me out because my score is super low?, What if I've already been expelled?, So many questions running through my head and sadly the only answers to those questions is to walk out of the class and check my score on the notice board.

"Stop that thing you're doing." Devil's voice jolts me out of my thoughts. I turn to glare at him with a scowl on my face.

"Which thing are you talking about?" I snap emphasizing the word 'Thing'

"You're pacing and you keep snapping your fingers." Devil snaps back.

I didn't even notice I was snapping my fingers.

"And so?, Does it bother you?" I retort.

"Yes Orekelewa, it frigging bothers me. If it didn't, did you think I would have said so?" Devil raises his voice at me. This is the first time he's addressing me by my name, I think. The way he says my name is sort of weird, he doesn't pronounce it well, it's like a white man saying my name.

I'm about to reply him but the door opens wide interrupting me. Some of my classmates walk into the class chattering, laughing. None of them look like they failed. I hope nobody tells me my score sha.

Teddy walks into the class with a huge frown on her face. It's been 3 days since I and Teddy have been ignoring each other, I don't like it that way but do I have a choice?, I won't apologize because I did nothing wrong.

She sits down and so do I. I wonder if she failed because she looks so pissed.

"Guy, she's going to take my head off. Literally." That sounds like Murewa's voice.

"If she was my mum, I would have been dead by now." Now that sounds like Fidel's voice. Fidelity and I have gotten sort of closer after he told me about his parents.