Chapter XXV

"Amir." Mercy mumbles.

"JESUS CHRIST!!!" I exclaim with my hands on my head.

"Oreke, please lower your voice." She whispers wiping her tears off.

"Mercy, you're pregnant and the father is not even a good person, it's that bastard."

"Where is he because he's not in the class?" I ask cracking my knuckles. I will give that boy a dirty slap when I set my eyes on him.

"He, uhm...He, uhm..."

"Mercy, talk!" I snap.

"I saw him enter SS2 art." She replies. I don't waste any second, I dash towards SS2 art class. I barge into the class and everyone's eyes are on me. Murewa is sitting at the back with a paper aeroplane in his hand. I scan the class and I finally set my eyes on the devil himself leaning on the wall standing close to Abasi.

I walk towards him and land my five fingers on his left cheek. He looks taken aback.

"That was for getting a girl pregnant." I pause and land my five fingers on his right cheek.

"That is for acting so cool about it." I yell.

I attempt to slap him again but he hastily grabs my wrist.

"Hands off me you bastard!"

"Oreke, calm down. What's going on here?" Fidel asks dragging me away from devil.

"This Idiot got Mercy pregnant!" I deadpan and suddenly the whole class yells, Mercy bursts into tears and it's then I realize what I've just done. I just told the whole class Mercy is pregnant and the Father is Amir.

Amir still looks very confused but he doesn't say a word, he just eyes Mercy.

Surprisingly Murewa rises from his seat and grabs Amir by the collar of his shirt.

"You stupid son of a gun." He punches Amir in the face. Students in the class bring out their phones and start videoing. What have I done?

Fidelity hastily tries to settle the fight between the both of them, it's a little late because Murewa is bleeding from his nose and so is Amir. No one is winning, it's a draw. What is wrong with me? I don't care who is winning.

"That's enough!" Meekness yells slamming the desk. Fidelity manages to drag Murewa away from Devil while Abasi holds onto Devil.

"How dare you get my sister pregnant you stupid rascal?" Meekness yells about to come at Devil but Hannah holds her.

"OKAY THAT'S ENOUGH NOISE!, WE ARE GOING TO SETTLE THIS THE NORMAL WAY. EVERYBODY EXCEPT AMIR, MERCY, OREKE, HANNAH, MUREWA AND MEEKNESS, GET THE FREAKING HELL OUT OF HERE!" Fidel yells.

Everybody hiss and eye Fidel with disdain. These students like Amebo o.

"NOW!!!" Fidel yells slamming the desk. Everybody scurry out of the class except the names of the people he mentioned. I know for sure that this news is going to be the talk of the school for weeks.

"Okay, now that everyone is ca...."

"I'm not!, First of all this stupid girl comes to accuse me of something that is clearly a bullshit story." Devil interrupts Fidel hastily.

"Oh so you can talk abi?" I yell.

"Orekelewa. I'd appreciate if you let me handle this." Fidel mumbles. I nod my head panting like I just ran round the whole Lagos.

"Mercy, can you tell me how it happened and how you know Amir is responsible?"

She clears her throat "I-I, I uhm..."