Chapter XVII

To avoid wasting anymore time, I dash out of the class with my palms on my face. I'm so stupid. Oreke is so stupid. Why did I even say that?, Now I've just totally embarrassed myself.

Suddenly, the bell rings signifying closing hours. Thank God, school for today is finally over. I'm so tired, not physically but emotionally.

Once I get into the class, I grab my backpack and attempt to walk out of the class but someone grabs me by the wrist from behind. I release heavy sigh and turn to glare at the culprit. What does she want?

"Are you okay?" Mercy asks. I'm not okay but why does she even care? We're not even friends, we're just classmates.

"I'm fine. Why did you ask?" I ask.

"The look on your face. You look distressed." Mercy replies. Her and her vocabulary. She should have kuku said I look like a disaster.

"I'm fine. Just tired." I say. She nods her head and smiles.

"So.." I start. She still has her hands on my wrist.

"Oh. I just wanted to apologize on behalf of my elder sister. She's a jerk and she can be possessive at times, over things that don't even belong to her." Mercy says letting go off my wrist.

So Meekness is truly her sister. They look alike but don't act alike at all.

"Possessive as in how?" I ask. I don't have anything that belongs to her so why is she being possessive?

"I mean everyone in the school know my sister is head over heels for Murewa, she pretty much thinks you're going to snatch him away from her. She has done that to other girls that Murewa has shown interest in." Mercy says.

"She has even tried to do it for Hannah but Hannah didn't let her." Bosun chirps in. Mercy rolls her eyes at her friend. Those two are like a couple, maybe they are.

Mercy is wrong. Meekness isn't doing it because she thinks I'm going to snatch Murewa, she's doing it because she wants payback just because I reported her to the principal that one time. I mean Murewa has forgiven me so why does she till hold a grudge?, Then again maybe Mercy is right because the first time Meekness approached me was when she posted the picture of I and Murewa standing close to each other (Thank God that gist has died down). Now it's I and Fidel, the whole school probably sees me as an ashewo.

"We better go for assembly before Hannah comes here and hacks our heads off." Bosun says dragging Mercy away. I realize I'm the only human in the class, the other person is an animal. Devil walks past me but doesn't say one word to me, I'm glad he doesn't because I don't even have time for his nonsense.

I walk out the class, the hallways is crowded with students from Art and Commercial and also students from SS2. I walk past some girls and I hear them whisper something, I don't know what they said but I know it's about me because they glare at with disgusted looks on their faces.

To avoid causing trouble, I ignore them and make my way to the Hall. The hall is noisy and the noise is mostly coming from junior students, JSS1 in particular, I can identify them because their line is the first. I walk towards SS1 line, the girls line is longer than the boys line, it means we have more girls than more boys. I stand behind a very tall girl, I don't know her but I've seen her a few times and I know she's from art class. She's dark skinned, I like her skin because it's dark and shinning unlike mine. Her dada is long, I like how she lets it loose because it reaches her shoulder length. She has a baggy sweater, the sweater almost covers her skimpy school skirt. The girls in this school are addicted to wearing shorts skirts. If someone asked me what this girl is trying to reveal, I'd say her pretty straight long legs. She's probably a model because she's so skinny and tall.