Chapter IV

Teddy is a vibe, a total vibe. I mean we spent a lot of time together and my stomach hurts from laughing.

We didn't have normal classes today, some teachers just came in to give us a list of topics we will be doing this term. Teddy said that is how the rest of the days in this week will be, Teachers will only come to give us an intro of everything we will be doing this term.

Real work starts next week.

I had lunch with Teddy, we both shared my food because she said she was rushing for school so she forgot hers. I didn't mind sharing my food with her, although she's a fast eater so she ate most of my food.

Teddy also introduced me to some of her friends, I don't like some of them, the only ones that were kind of nice to me are Bosun and Mercy.

"Everybody pack your backpacks, I'm going to ring the bell for closing assembly." Mercy announces.

Mercy is an ambassador, at least that's what Teddy said they are called.

According to Teddy, Ambassadors are students in a higher position, they belong to the students board association. An association that caters for the interests of the students. They have specific tasks, like for example, Mercy is the Time-keeper, she is assigned to ring the bell for every period.

We have 8 periods in a day, 4 periods after the morning assembly. After the first 4 periods, we have lunch time, siesta time, then the remaining 4 periods.

"Chill, it isn't even 3:30 yet." Bosun yells glaring at the screen of the gold wristwatch hanging carelessly on his wrist, looks like it belongs to someone older than him.

"I can do whatever I want." Mercy taunts flashing the ID card hanging on her neck in Bosun's face.

"Let me catch that thing, I will cut the rope and toss the ID card somewhere." Bosun snaps.

Normal students have ID cards but Ambassadors have two ID cards on their necks, one containing their details while the other ID card only contains their position in the students board association.

"If it's easy, become an ambassador." Mercy says flashing Bosun a wide grin.

Mercy is very pretty, I mean I haven't seen an ugly girl in this school. Back to Mercy, she's really pretty with her petite stature, her brown skin is oily and smooth, no acne. She has small brown eyes, a pointed nose and full pink lips.

I think Mercy is half cast because her accent sounds like that of the Oyinbo's.

Bosun ignores Mercy and starts packing his books into his bag. I do the same and I help Teddy pack her books too. She left the class earlier, she said she needed to pee.

"CLOSING TIME!" Mercy yells through a loud speaker.

Yes, Mercy carries a bell and a loud speaker anywhere she goes. The loud speaker is so that everyone in the school can hear her.

"You people better leave the class before those big head Ambassadors start coming." A girl says scurrying out of the class with her backpack, the whole class listens to her and rushes out of the class except Devil, yes devil.

He just slowly packs his stuff into his backpack, maybe he's an ambassador.

I don't even know where the assembly is going to take place and I can't leave Teddy so I carry my backpack and hers and walk out of the class.

The hallways is occupied with students dashing towards the elevator. Some of the students are SS2 students.

I wonder why people never take the stairs at the end of the hallways. I walk towards the stairs, maybe I'll see at least one person taking the stairs but as I get closer I only hear familiar voices and shuffling sounds so I freeze in my steps to listen closely.