Chapter VII

'Use what you have to get what you want'

Those words won't stop ringing in my head, what did Demi's mum mean by that?. I should sell my body to get money?, Is that the occupation she does?.

So many questions in my head, unfortunately there are no answers to them.

"Maybe your aunt didn't mean what she said, maybe she just had a bad day at work." Teddy says trying to reassure me.

I told Teddy everything, I'm not so good at bottling my emotions, she noticed during the Morning assembly that I was looking so down (I still am) so she asked what was the problem and I told her.

"But what if she did ehn, what if?" I ask. The both of us walk out of the elevator with some other junior students.

Apparently, Demilade hasn't come back since yesterday and I'm really worried. I don't know what to tell Bolu whenever he asks about his sister.

Teddy brought up an idea that I go to her class and threaten her friends to tell me where she went to because obviously they should know.

I and Teddy stride the hallways of the third floor where JSS3 and SS3 class is.

We come to a stop in front of a noisy JSS3 class.

My stomach begins to ache and as usual my legs shake. I'm kind of nervous to talk to Demi's classmates. The last time I came to their class, I heard one of the girls mocking me about how my face is full of pimples.

"So, who takes the first step in?" I whisper to Teddy.

Surprisingly, Teddy ignores me, she pushes the door open, boldly walks into the class and yells. 'Quiet'

I admire her courage, they actually obey her and keep quiet.

I slowly walk into the class with my head bent low, although I know they're all glaring at me, I even hear someone snicker.

"What kind of JSS3 class is this?, Why are you people so noisy?" Teddy yells.

"If we leave this school, the school go dry." A masculine voice replies and all students in the class agree.

"See how your mouth is smelling, Austin abi what are they calling you?" Teddy snaps holding her nose dramatically.

"Unless your mouth is smelling, how do you know his own mouth is smelling?" A feminine voice speaks up this time.

Ah, these children are rude o.

I look up to glare at Teddy, she attempts to slap a girl (I'm guessing she's the girl that said Teddy's mouth is smelling) sitting in front but I hastily get a grip of her hand.

"Calm down." I whisper to Teddy. She sighs and drops her hand.

"What of you madam pimple face, is Amarachi your mouth piece, don't you have something to say?" The girl Teddy wanted to slap earlier says to me.

Did she just call me pimple face?, I regret stopping Teddy from slapping her, Teddy should have scattered her fresh face. I'm about to say something but the clicking of someone's heels interrupts me.

I turn to glare at the entrance of the class and I see no one other than the Head girl A.K.A Murewa's elder sister walk into the class with her head and shoulder up high. Totally unrelated but I love the boots she's putting on, it has heels and it makes her look like a lady with high class.

"Why does this class have to always be so noisy?, You have two seniors if I'm not mistaking standing right in front of you and y'all still have the guts to make noise." Head girl snaps.