Chapter XIII

Why was Demi's mum acting so weird this morning?, She was all smiley and happy. Maybe she won a contract or something but I don't think that might be the case because she's been so nice to me. Today before I left the house, she gave me 1000 naira, only for my lunch at school.

It's so shocking but I'm so happy about it. It happened since when she saw I and Murewa together, that was a day before yesterday but it feels like it just happened.

"Are you going to tell me what's making you so happy?" Teddy snaps. I scoff and shake my head in disagreement. I was serious when I said I won't tell her stuffs anymore.

"Wow, two can play a game Orekelewa." Teddy yells with a scowl on her face. I stick my tongue out to make her more pained.

"I will stab your tongue with my pen!" Teddy yells earning glares from everyone in the class. They look irritated.

Our class door opens wide, No one other than Murewa and Fidel walk into the classroom. The girls in the class start to drool including me, well I'm mostly drooling at Murewa's smile and the cool sweater he's putting on. It's a green nike hoodie.

"Ewa, what's the gist you said you couldn't wait to tell me?" Murewa asks sitting on I and Teddy's desk.

Everyone in the class look surprised including Teddy. Surprised that Murewa and I are suddenly besties?, Well I'm surprised too.

A day before yesterday when he came to my house with Ire, we talked, had fun, he left my house around 8pm and Demi's mum didn't even complain. After he left was when she started her weird behaviour till today.

Well, yesterday when I got back from school, I  texted him and told him that I have gist for him tomorrow, which is today.

"It's a very long gist, I don't want to say it in front of all these Amebos." I say jokingly.

"Am I dreaming or is this reality?" Teddy says sarcastically, she has a confused look on her face. Fidel on the other hand doesn't even look confused.

"It's not a dream baby." I squeal.

Suddenly Mercy dashes into the class panting heavily. What's wrong with her. All the students in the class direct questions at her but she answers none.

As if we're not in enough suspense, Bosun dashes into the class as well and yells.

"HAVE YOU PEOPLE SEEN HANNAH?"

What does he mean by that?, What's wrong with Hannah?

"Hey, I was supposed to break the news, not you!" Mercy snaps slapping Bosun's chest.

"Where's Hannah?" Murewa asks.

As if Hannah heard her name, She walks past our classroom, thank God the door is open wide so we can see her clearly.

Hannah isn't putting on her usual school sweater and she also isn't putting on her pop socks. Her skin is so white and pale and there's a lot of bruises on both her legs and hands. The bruises are so red and ripe. Some look like cut marks, others look like burnt marks. Now I see why she puts on her school sweater and pop socks.

Yells come from the Art department of SS2, The class Hannah entered. Everybody are probably surprised.

"Did you guys know she had those bruises?" I ask Murewa and Fidel.

"No actually, at least I didn't. I'm not so sure about Fidel." Murewa replies.

"How am I supposed to know she has bruises on her thighs, legs and hands?" Fidel snaps.

"We should probably go check on her." Murewa says to Fidel, Fidel looks really unbothered, I feel like he knew about the bruises.

"Why?, It's almost 4th period, I have Physics." Fidel says.