Chapter VIII

Murewa goes back to the board and continues what he was writing earlier. Devil on the other hand sits down, surprisingly he keeps quiet.

"I wish they fought." I whisper to Teddy with a frown.

"Me too, I want them to beat Amir very well." Teddy says through gritted teeth. She must really dislike him.

"I know you hate him so much but you know that's not possible." I say. Teddy glares at me like I have two heads.

"I bet 500 naira that Fidel will handle Amir and break every bones in his body." Teddy says.

I laugh hysterically, this same Fidel?, Fidel looks like a cute innocent boy, I don't think he has the mind for that.

"It's not like we'll ever see them fight but if we ever do, I bet 1000 naira that Devil will destroy Fidel's pretty face." I say.

"Devil?" Teddy repeats with a low chuckle.

"Yes na, he's a devil." I say. I turn my gaze back to the board, Murewa is no longer writing, he's engrossed in a conversation with Fidel. Looks like they got an answer to the question, shame on our maths teacher.

"Senior Murewa, you're so smart, will you tutor me?" A random girl in my class squeals. See her mouth like tutor.

"Senior Murewa, don't mind Ogechi, tutor me instead." Another girl sitting in front of I and Teddy says.

All these mumu girls.

Mercy rises from her seat, she grabs the bell and her loud speaker.

It's closing time, yay.

I start packing my books into my backpack and Teddy does the same.

"If your maths teacher comes, tell him we solved the question already." Fidel announces.

"Alright senior Fidel." Ogechi yells.

Fidel and Murewa walk out of the class. The class gets really noisy, the girls talk about how hot Murewa and Fidel are while the boys warn Amir to behave himself.

"I already rang the bell for closing time, y'all better move." Mercy announces, she grabs her backpack and walks out of the class. Mercy is such a serious student.

"Teddy, let's go na." I say.

"I'm copying the maths question and answer, have you copied it?" Teddy asks.

She's right, I'm too lazy to copy it sha, I'll just borrow her note. Other students in the class aren't copying it either, they are just gossiping.

Sounds of footsteps draw my attention and that of the class to the entrance of the door. The Oyinbo pepper is leaning on the door with her arms folded and her legs crossed.

The class becomes quiet. It's understandable that they all fear Hannah, I mean why wouldn't you fear her?, She always has a scowl on her face.

More reason for someone to be afraid of her is because She's not human, when I say she's not human I mean she never feels heat. Hannah always has a sweater and the school jacket on, as if that's not enough, she puts on a pop socks everytime.

"Are you people out of your mind?, Didn't you hear the bell ring?" Hannah yells.

All the students excluding I, Teddy and Devil scurry out of the class.

"Did you girls not hear me clearly?" Hannah snaps.

"I'm copying the maths work on the board, I'll be done soon." Teddy says.

Hannah doesn't even bother to ask me anything, I'm surprised.

Devil is about to walk out of the class but Hannah obstructs his way.

My Life As A LagosianOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara