Chapter XXVIII

My eyes slowly flutter open at the sound of a car horn.

"WE ARE HERE!!!" Mr Travis, our Economics teacher yells. We're here? I can't believe I slept throughout the journey. Who does that? I'm such an Idiot, Oreke why did you have to?

I groan loudly and earn a few glares from my classmates including Teddy who is sitting close to me with a tired look on her face. Is she still upset about the whole Fidelity stuff?

"Okay everyone, get ready. Since everyone has been given numbers already. On a single file get off the bus so you can take your luggage from the boot." Mr Travis says. He's the teacher assigned to follow our bus, I wonder why our class teacher didn't follow our bus instead. Before we left the school, we were all given a number each to memorize.

"Are you okay?" I mumble to Teddy.

"Not at all but I'll be fine." She says forcing a smile.

"WELL, I AM NOT OKAY!" I yell once again earning glares from my classmates, this time Mr Travis shoots me a death glare.

"What's wrong with you?" Teddy asks with a scoff. I frown.

"I slept throughout the journey Teddy, how could you let that happen to me?" I say faking my tears.

"Stop being a drama queen. There was no much sightseeing to do." She gets off the bus and so do I. I open my mouth in awe at how big the building in front of us is. It's a 6 storey building, I bet there's an elevator in there. The walls are painted white with little shades of blue and there is a huge banner hanging on the roof, it reads 'WELCOME TO HAPPY HOTEL' with a smiley emoji close to it.

I scoff at the name, why would the proprietress name her hotel happy hotel?

"NUMBER 24! I REPEAT NUMBER 24!" Mr Travis's loud voice echoes in the air. I'm number 24.

"Sir!" I yell jumping and waving my hand since a lot of my classmates who are way taller than me are standing right in front of me. I maneuver my way through them till I'm in front of Mr Travis who has an irritated look on his face.

"Are you sure you're number 24?" He asks with a raised brow. I scoff, If I wasn't sure I would have never answered. I nod my head in agreement. Mr Travis hands me a huge white travelling bag. It's not mine. It's too big to be mine.

"This isn't mine Sir." I mumble dropping the bag on the floor.

"This isn't yours but the tag on the bag is number 24, so?"

Wait, maybe I'm not actually number 24, I scratch my hair in confusion and stand awkwardly.

"It's mine Sir, I'm sorry." A feminine voice yells. The clicking of heels draw closer until the figure stands right in front of us with a pink headphone hanging on her neck and a small smile on her face. I remember this girl, it's the dark skinned model from art class.

"Ayoola, it's you. Where did you keep your ears when I was yelling number 24?" He raises his voice a little.

She points at the headphone and shrugs.

"It's because it's you o. Fine girl." He wriggles his brows at her and hands her the travelling bag. This is cheating o. So because she's a fine girl he's nice to her but because I'm ugly, he hates me.

"You, what are you still standing there for? Won't you move?" He yells at me. I scoff and walk away. What a wicked and partial man. Teddy bursts into laughter, she thinks it's funny abi? It's because she wasn't embarrassed as I was.

"Number 14 o. Where is Number 14?" This man yells to the top of his voice. I think I'm number 14. Oh God, I pray I'm number 14 so I don't have to embarrass myself again. I summon up courage and walk towards the front where the man is standing with my travelling bag. My eyes beam with happiness, finally! No embarrassment.