Chapter XXIII

Why do I find it so hard to believe that Demilade stole from her own mother?, What has gotten into that girl?, Who is influencing her?

This morning was even super shocking, I caught her applying makeup on her face before leaving the house. Who does that?, Powder and Lipsgloss is decent at least but Demilade added way too much. I just pity for that girl because I'm very much sure it's against the school rules to apply makeup to school.

The class is full of noise because everyone is talking about the field trip, even Art and Commercial students are here. I wish I could pay but the deadline is this Friday, where will I see money?, Today's Monday, there's no more time left.

Teddy's head is on the desk, she has been like that for the past 4 periods. I'm guessing it has to do with how Fidel rejected her. She needs to stop acting like that, I mean fine Fidel rejected you, not a big deal, move on. Or maybe since Fidel rejected her, he won't be paying for the field trip, maybe that's what's paining her? But was she serious about Fidel paying for her field trip because that's a bad thing?, She shouldn't be dependent on him.

Suddenly, Our English teacher Miss Ifunaya walks into our class with a huge textbook in her hand. She has a frown on her face. We even stand to greet her but she doesn't respond, oh well, someone's not in a good mood.

"Any art or commercial student should use the door now." She snaps.

Some students in the class murmuring. I don't know why some people cannot just obey simple instructions. She slams the textbook on the table in front of her making a loud noise. Many students scurry out of the class, I never knew the art and commercial students in our class were actually this much.

"Class rep. Why aren't you doing your job?" Miss Ifunaya snaps at Mercy. I don't know if it's just me but Mercy hasn't been herself since morning, she has this dull look on her face and she has been sleeping a lot.

"I-I, I-I, I'm so-rry ma." Mercy stutters.

"Sorry for yourself." Miss Ifunaya yells. Ah, what is wrong with this woman today?, I mean she's not the friendliest teacher I know but she's not mean either. She clears her throat and starts.

"For today's lesson. We'll be reading page 56. The title of the passage is Inflation."

I bring out my textbook from my bag, I hate reading comprehension passages. Some students in the class start murmuring and throwing tantrums, I'm guessing I'm not the only one that hates Comprehension.

"Shut up!, Can't this class be quiet for once?" She yells and the class actually becomes quiet.

"Infact I'm going to rearrange you students and that is how you people must sit in my class till the end of the term." Miss Ifunaya deadpans.

Which kind of Wahala is this?, I pray I sit with one better human being.

"Jude sit with Emeka, Blessing sit with Amarachi...."

It goes on and on and on till my name is called.

"Orekelewa sit with Amir."

"Ehn?" I blurt out. That was a mistake I swear. This my big mouth ehn.

"Do you have ear problem?, I said sit with Amir." Miss Ifunaya snaps.

I walk towards Devil, he has an irritated look on his face. What's doing the idiot?, Does he think I want to sit near him? Mumu boy.

"Shift." I snap at Devil. He frowns so deep that his lips could fall off anytime from now.

"Frowning doesn't suit you, you look like my grandpa."