Chapter XXII

Silence. Utter silence befalls us for like 5 minutes now, Fidel said they wouldn't take long but it feels like they've been talking for 10 hours. I just hope it favors Teddy and they settle.

Hannah suddenly walks out of the house holding the hem of her red abgada.

"I'll go after her." Murewa says. Noo, don't leave me with Abasi. Unfortunately he doesn't hear my cry, he walks out of the house too.

"Orekelewa, am I correct?" Abasi says walking towards me with a smirk on his face. He better not try to start a conversation with me because it won't work.

"You're correct." I state.

"I never thought I'd say this but you look gorgeous." He says. Gorgeous?, Gorgeous keh, Gorgeous in this black Spaghetti singlet and jeans?

Maybe he's talking about another level of gorgeous because I don't like the way he's looking at me.

His phone beeps, he brings it out of his pocket and a frown finds it's way on his face.

Suddenly Murewa walks back into the parlour, without Hannah though.

"She went to get something. She'll be back." Murewa says releasing a heavy sigh.

"Well, I'll be on my way now. This Latifah of a girl keeps disturbing me." Abasi says.

Isn't she his girlfriend?

"Guy, isn't she your babe?" Murewa asks with a surprised look on his face.

"That's correct but omo the girl get big problem." He says rolling his eyes. Look at the way he's badmouthing his supposed 'Girlfriend'. I won't even pity Latifah, she deserves every bit of insult she gets.

"Which girl doesn't have problem?" Murewa asks with a low chuckle.

"Your girlfriend." Abasi says.

"Which girlfriend?, The one you gave me?" Murewa snaps with an irritated look on his face.

"No, the one standing by your side." Abasi says smiling. I look around the room and it's then I realize I'm the only girl in this room and I'm standing close to Murewa. My legs start shaking and my heart starts beating fast.

Murewa bursts into laughter and shakes his head.

"Nope. She's not my girlfriend, she's just a friend." He says. Why did he laugh though?, Am I too ugly to be his girlfriend?

"I believe you Murewa. I'll be on my way now to meet my own girlfriend since Fidel is busy with his and you are busy with yours." Abasi says wriggling his brows.

"Sh.."

"Bye!, Say hi to Fidel for me." Abasi interrupts Murewa hastily. He waves at me and walks out of the house.

"Bastard." I hear Murewa mumble.

I agree. Abasi just made everything so awkward now. I don't have a thing to say and I don't think Murewa has a thing to say either, as if things aren't worse, Fidel and Teddy have refuse to come downstairs. This is bad.

Murewa clears his throat and turns to glare at me. His handsome face makes me gulp and makes my legs shake even more, who knows?, I might collapse anytime from now.

"I'm really sorry about Abasi. He's always like that." He says.

"I-I." I try to say something but it ends up coming out as a whisper. I hate myself, I clear my throat and start.

"It's fine. He was obviously pulling your legs, that's what friends do."

"I know right but you look so uncomfortable so I'm apologizing again, I'm sorry." Murewa says. What a gentleman.