Chapter IX

I flutter my eyes open but I immediately shut them because the rays of the sun coming from the window almost blinds me. Why is the sun so bright this early morning?

I roll to the other side of the bed. I don't feel anyone. Wait, where's Demi?. I hastily open my eyes and look left and right. Demi is no where to be found.

I jump from the bed. Where did everybody go?, The house is so quiet. I walk towards the reading desk where my phone is lying carelessly.

Yesterday night I and the head girl had a short conversation, I messaged her and begged her not to post the picture. She agreed and even told me she was never going to post it in the first place, she only wanted to spite her brother. I asked her about the head boy too, she said he doesn't have the photo and that the phone he used in taking the picture belongs to her.

I pick up phone and check the time.

8:00!!!, Jesus!

How could I wake up this late?, I hastily dump my phone on the bed and dash into the bathroom.

I use approximately 10 minutes to have my bath, brush and put on my sport wear since today's Wednesday.

I hate this sport wear more than I hate the uniform. It's a track suit, the tracksuit bottom is really tight, fitted and kind of transparent(Boys are probably happy every Wednesday). Maybe I should put on a sweater. That's it!, I'll just wear Fidel's sweater, it covers me perfectly.

I rush towards the wardrobe, I grab Fidel's sweater and dash out of the room.

I can't believe Demi and Bolu abandoned me. What did I do to deserve such?

My aunt didn't even leave any money and there's no provision at home, what will I eat?, What did Bolu and Demi even eat?. I'm really hungry.

After some minutes, I'm prepared for school. I walk out of the house, I lock the front door and dump the keys under the door mat.

The walk to school takes just a few minutes because I ran, yes I ran. I finally get to school. I walk into the parking lot which is empty but I can hear noises coming from the main building's compound.

I push the gate open and immediately I take a step into the main building's compund, I see a lot of students dressed in colourful tracksuits doing one sport or the other.

Our school has 5 tracksuit colours, we have red, blue, green, yellow and black. I'm in red house because my tracksuit is red.

I can't believe we have to do sports today. I suck at sports.

"Look who finally got to school." Teddy's voice startles me from behind. I turn to glare at a frowning Teddy, she's also in red house.

"Don't mind me, I woke up late." I mumble.

"Wow." Teddy says.

"What?" I ask adjusting the hand of my backpack.

"You're so calm about it." Teddy replies.

"Calm about what?, What are you talking about?" I ask. Teddy is starting to scare me.

"Didn't you see the post on the group, or you didn't?" Teddy asks.

What post now?, Ah, my heart is beating fast.

"I'm not on the group!!!" I yell. I earn weird glares from some girls standing close to I and Teddy. They're juniors, I know that because their tracksuit top is short sleeve and the tracksuit bottom is more like shorts. For the seniors the tracksuit top is long sleeve and the tracksuit bottom looks like joggers.

"Poor you, I thought Demi would show you the picture, it's on the whatsapp group for juniors too." Teddy says.

Picture?, I hope it's not the picture I begged head girl not to post. If it's the picture then it means Teddy, Hannah, Murewa, Fidelity and Devil are in the picture.