Chapter XXIX

My predictions were correct, I already did a small tour around with Ngozi. The hotel is massive and beautiful. The entrance door is a glass door, extremely beautiful and neat. The walls on the inside are painted cream with white poka dots, the marble floor is sparkling and not a single spec of dust can be spotted. In the lobby by the left corner is a receptionist desk and by the right corner is an elevator. There are several waiting chairs arranged at the end corner facing a flat screen TV.

The second and the third floor is for the ladies while the fourth and the last floor is for the guys. On the first floor, there is another door that leads to what I'm guessing is the Dinning hall, where we'll have our breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Speaking of dinner, dinner starts soon.

I roll to the other side of my bed. The bed isn't as big as the one at home but it is comfortable for sure. Each of us got our own bed, the Proprietress really did well.

Our room is just like the size of our classroom, medium-sized. The room has two doors, one leads to the bathroom, the other leads to the toilet. The walls are painted green with some stripes of white. There are 2 ceiling fans and a reading desk at the end of the room. Each of us have a closet to ourselves so we don't have keep our clothes all in one place.

"This place is great." I blurt out with my eyes roaming the room.

"I know right." Ngozi responds.

"It's sad that there's no TV here though. Good thing I brought my laptop." Ayoola says still unpacking her stuffs. It's screaming spoilt brat.

Imela by Frank Edward suddenly rings out loud. Ngozi dashes towards the reading desk. Seems like her phone is the one ringing.

"It's my mummy." She squeals. She throws herself on her bed and starts ranting to her mum about her stressful the trip was. It makes me smile, I miss Mama but seems like it's not the same for her, Since I left Mama never bothered to call to ask how I was doing. Speaking of call and Mama, I wonder how Baba is doing, the last time I heard from Ejide, she was panicking and saying Baba was sick and that he needed one million naira and that Mummy Demilade had not been picking her calls. I hope that's all a prank because Ejide never called again and if Baba was actually sick, Mama would have called Aunty and Aunty would have ended up picking the call later and would have told me too.

I just hope they're doing fine. I would have called Ejide but she said I should never call that line again.

"It's 6pm already, why hasn't the bell been ra....." Ayoola is hastily interrupted by a loud ringing that echoes in the hallways. Wow, I wonder how the bell is so loud.

"It's dinner time!!" Ayoola squeals. Jeez, she's even more excited than I am.

"I'm going to shower and change. You girls should keep an extra seat for me."
Ayoola adds still unpacking.

We had arrived into our room some few hours ago and Ayoola is still unpacking. Did she carry the whole world in her travelling bag?

"Bye bye mummy. We are going for dinner now." Ngozi says.

I rise to my feet and drag the hems of my blue T-shirt. I drag the waist of my fitted jeans up. This jeans will not embarrass me, amen.

"Mummy, amen. Amen. Let me go now na." Ngozi rants with a tired look on her face. Of course, typical mothers, they always love to pray for their children.

"Say hi to mummy for me." I smile at her. Ngozi nods her head.

"Mummy, Oreke says hi and don't ask to talk to her, she's busy and so am I. Bye bye mummy. I love you." Ngozi hangs up and dumps her phone on her bed.