Chapter XVIII

"Oreke gave it to them hot hot." Ngozi mocks me as the both of us take care of the dirty dishes.

Ngozi let me go home and change into nice clothes, a green tank top and a black jeans skirt and a pair of black flip flops. I met Demi's mum lying on the couch asleep and I seriously felt pity for her. How will we survive if she doesn't have a job?. Demi went to see a friend while Bolu is at home playing video games and eating.

"It's the overripe paw paw for me." Ngozi says bursting into laughter and it makes me laugh too. I recall the look on Halimat and Latifah's face and it makes me laugh even more to the extent that tears start falling from my eyes.

"Naughty girl, you're very funny o." Ngozi says.

"Well there's a lot you don't know about me. Humor is just one of the traits I can't seem to hide." I say with a smirk.

"Let me know more about you then. Tell me little about yourself." Ngozi states.

What's to know about me?, I'm boring.

"Well, my name is Orekelewa Adetutu. A proud Yoruba girl from Ogun state. My favorite food is Spaghetti with anything.." I start.

"Even with Okro?" Ngozi asks chuckling.

"God forbid. I don't know if that's what you Igbo people eat sha but we Yoruba's don't dare try such." I reply smiling.

"Go on madam Spaghetti."

"Okay, I'm 16. I was born eleventh of March. I stay with my aunt and her kids. My parents aren't dead though."

At least Mama isn't dead. I fear for Baba. God please protect them both for me.

"Why aren't you staying with your parents then?" She asks rinsing a glass cup.

"Financial issues made me live with my aunt in Lagos. My parents are at Ogun state." I reply.

"Oh and one last thing about me is that I have such an amazing voice." I add. I'm not even lying about that. I sing wonderfully.

Ngozi turns to me with a surprised look on her face.

"Why haven't you joined Singing club then?"

I haven't joined any club in school. Club time is usually every Wednesday, the last two periods for the day. I've been avoiding it because I haven't decided on a club yet. I just hide in the staircase when it's club time.

"I will. Thanks." I mutter.

Ngozi releases a heavy sigh and starts "I go by the Ngozi Onyekachi. I'm 15, I'm from Imo state, I'm an only child. My favorite food is all kinds of food. I'm a proud foodie." Ngozi smiles at the 'Foodie' part.

"Then I have finally met my twin. I'm a proud foodie too." I say beating my chest.

"And lastly I dey cook shege, I'm very good at cooking." She says. I laugh. I don't find it hard to believe. I mean she helps her mum cook most of the time and I've never seen a customer complain. I cook well too, Mama stopped cooking for us when I was 10, I would cook for my siblings and Baba.

"I can't believe our tests are next week." Ngozi groans loudly.

"I know right. I'm afraid." I say. I truly am. What if I fail?, What if Demi's mum sends me back to Ogun state because I fail?

"You shouldn't really be sha. There's no much competition in that science class. They're all bunch of lazy students. Worst science students I've ever seen if you ask me." Ngozi says.

That makes me feel a little better.

"Oh wait o, I forgot about Amarachi, Mercy and Bosun. Those 3 are on fire especially Amarachi." Ngozi says.